PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Moscow

vnukov_pk
20-Feb-2017, 04:33
Hi everybody,
I'm Pavel from Moscow, Russia. I was always interested in landscape photography, mostly with MF gear (Rolleiflex 2.8f, yashicamat 124g) and some 35mm cameras. I found small format somewhat limiting in terms of what I want to see on my pictures. I have several friends using LF cameras so it was quite natural to finally try going bigger myself.
Recently I have bought new intrepid 4x5 camera (gen.2) with Nikkor 135/5.6. I also look forward to use some soft lenses for portraits and landscapes as well as for still life.

Louis Pacilla
20-Feb-2017, 07:35
Welcome vnukov_pk to the Large Format Forum pile of humanity !

Enjoy you Intrepid 45 and we'll also look forward to your contributions.

Alan Gales
20-Feb-2017, 12:34
Welcome to the forum! We are glad to have you as a member.

Peter Collins
20-Feb-2017, 20:00
Another welcome!! We try to stay clear of politics, and so I hope that we can get along with each other better than the executives of the Russian Republic and the USA. I think you will really like that Nikkor 135.

Alan Gales
20-Feb-2017, 20:19
Another welcome!! We try to stay clear of politics, and so I hope that we can get along with each other better than the executives of the Russian Republic and the USA. I think you will really like that Nikkor 135.

Peter, back in the 80's I worked with a real nice fellow named Yuri who had immigrated here from the Soviet Union. He said that there are good people everywhere it's the governments that are bad.

I thought he hit the nail on the head.

Leszek Vogt
21-Feb-2017, 00:48
Welcome to the forum.

Les

vnukov_pk
21-Feb-2017, 03:31
Thank you all for your welcome. I will steer clear of politics, of course, art and politics do not go well together in my book.