PDA

View Full Version : FP4+ Jobo presoak or not?

Ron Marshall
31-May-2005, 16:28
I am going to process FP4+ in a Jobo 3010 using HC-110. Ilford doesn't recommend a presoak, Jobo does.

I would appreciate advice from someone who has tried Ilford film in a Jobo.

Also, what dilution of HC-110 should I use.

Oren Grad
31-May-2005, 17:16
I've developed plenty of Ilford HP5+ in Jobo Expert drums with a variety of developers. I've never used a presoak, and I've gotten excellent results without it. I would expect the same with FP4+.

bob carnie
31-May-2005, 18:53
Ron
I use ilford films and Jobo without presoak, except for pmk
I believe with Hc110 you should be using dillution B

Ellen Stoune Duralia
31-May-2005, 19:34
I always do a presoak regardless of what tank or film I'm using (and I use alot of Ilford's HP5 & FP4+). It's just the way I learned and it's a habit. I've never harmed any films doing it so I reckon if it fits with your developing style, go for it. Of course, I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time) so feel free to correct me if necessary.

Stan. Laurenson-Batten
1-Jun-2005, 05:55
I alway pre-soak black and white film for about three minutes with constant agitation.

I use a Jobo Cpp2 with the Expert drums.

For Black and white fil;ms I use Ilford Delta 100 & Kodak T-Max. up to 10X8" formats

The pre-soak is necessary in my opinion to remove the backing dye that is superfluous after exposure.

Dan Jolicoeur
1-Jun-2005, 17:20
I have never used a presoak with Delta 100. I have TRIED it with Acros, but no longer is needed. This seems to be a confusing topic, especialy after you read the jobo quaterly archives! It appears to come down to personal prefrerence. Try it both ways, and judge for yourself.

Richard Littlewood
2-Jun-2005, 03:05
I always pre soak FP-4 for 3 mins in a Jobo. My view is it gets everything nice and wet and at a good temp. Having said that though I havn't a clue if this is the right thing or not, but maybe it is a bit like washing your hair, slapping the shampoo straight on without a soak first. As Dan said the only way to find out is to try it both ways.