PDA

View Full Version : Precision Camera Works still in operation?

brucetaylor
29-Dec-2016, 16:51
I sent a Linhof viewfinder in to Bob Watkins of Precision Camera Works a couple of months ago and I have not heard anything after many emails and a phone call (left a message). When we communicated via email before I sent the viewfinder to him his response was quick, as was his estimate after he received it. I approved the estimate and asked him to proceed with the repairs. But after more than 2 months, silence. There is another fellow on APUG having a similar issue.

Has anyone heard from him lately? Or have any news about his shop? Any help is greatly appreciated.

JMO
29-Dec-2016, 19:09
He adjusted the rangefinder on one of my Mamiya 7ii backs in November, in timely fashion. When I picked it up he had a bookkeeper person taking care of invoices, and seemed fairly busy. I hope he's okay, as he has been timely and excellent with my Mamiya 7ii backs and Linhof MT Classic. ...

asf
31-Dec-2016, 17:04
Spoke to him yesterday, seemed busy but there working

MultiFormat Shooter
18-Oct-2017, 15:29
I sent a Linhof viewfinder in to Bob Watkins of Precision Camera Works....

How did things work-out? Were you happy with the repair?

brucetaylor
18-Oct-2017, 22:59
Nothing yet. He said he's going to send it to Germany to get it repaired there. God knows what is wrong with the thing that no one can take it apart!

MultiFormat Shooter
19-Oct-2017, 05:57
Nothing yet. He said he's going to send it to Germany to get it repaired there. God knows what is wrong with the thing that no one can take it apart!

Wow! I hope everything works-out for you (eventually).