PDA

View Full Version : Ries Tripod now a member of the LFPF

Ries Tripod
9-Dec-2016, 13:02
We are now in the Forum to help all of our customers with their equipment. Always remember, ALL of our products, refurbishes, and repairs have lifetime warranty. If your Ries product made after 1970 does not have a warranty, because you are not the original owner, we can refurbish your existing product which will then come with lifetime warranty. That's reaching back almost fifty years! For customers with older Ries Products please contact us.

Luis-F-S
9-Dec-2016, 13:10
Way to go! Welcome Debbie. Great products; the best tripods money can buy! L

Drew Wiley
9-Dec-2016, 13:10
Will you refubish me with a new warranty? I was made long before 1970, and it seems my Ries tripods are handling their age even better than me!

Luis-F-S
9-Dec-2016, 13:16
Drew, if you'd quit carrying those 600 # Dursts up two flights of stairs on your back, you'd feel better! Got to cut down on manual labor as we all get older! L

djdister
9-Dec-2016, 13:38
Great tripods! Here's mine.

Peter Lewin
9-Dec-2016, 13:40
Welcome! Excellent products vouched for by many members of the LFPF. I think it is great to have manufacturers in our niche onboard the forum.

Mark Sawyer
9-Dec-2016, 14:30
Welcome! I'd buy one of your tripods, but I already have two... :)

David Lindquist
9-Dec-2016, 18:26
Well I have three and I'm thinking of buying another. Full disclosure here: Two of them were bought used and well before the days of ebay; the first about 1973. I have bought both a J-200 and a J-250 head new and most recently a Model C (new), not too long before that model was discontinued.

The purchase I'm now contemplating would be what my wife calls "retail therapy", best if I don't explain that further.

I was interested to see that the crown is now made up of two milled pieces rather than being a casting.

And welcome to the forum!

David

Alan Gales
9-Dec-2016, 19:57
I own both an A100 and a J100. Both have double tilt heads attached. Great tripods and great customer service too!

Roger Thoms
9-Dec-2016, 20:23
I own both an A100 and a J100. Both have double tilt heads attached. Great tripods and great customer service too!

Same here, well actually my girlfriend owns the J100 but I bought it. :)

Roger

Alan Gales
10-Dec-2016, 20:55
Same here, well actually my girlfriend owns the J100 but I bought it. :)

Roger

You better marry her Roger so you get your J100 back! :)

Roger Thoms
10-Dec-2016, 21:11
You better marry her Roger so you get your J100 back! :)

Might just do that, though I doubt I'll get the J100 back.

Roger

Old Jim
17-Dec-2016, 11:41
I was given a Ries tripod. Not sure age, but it is at least 40 years old. I have it apart cleaning and lubricating. two of the pieces on one leg have holes worn or broken. I repaired one by gluing and putting dowels in perpendicular to the break. Most of the head has the finish off it. what would you do on a refurbish of this type?
I think the serial number is 931 I will confirm that, and it may just be the head number!

Ries Tripod
17-Dec-2016, 17:38
Send pictures and we can identify it and let you know.

riestripod@gmail.com

Old Jim
18-Dec-2016, 18:25
OK, I took some photos with my phone and tried to send them to you. I am not the most proficient using my phone for this, so hope it went through. If you don't get them please let me know and I will get them to you..
Thanks
Jim

Jon Shiu
18-Dec-2016, 18:38
They helped me fix my old Hollywood era tripod and in my opinion most helpful customer service ever.

Conrad . Marvin
20-Mar-2017, 18:40
Put your head on a gitzo set of legs many years ago and can't seem to change. Thanks!

Conrad . Marvin
20-Mar-2017, 18:41
Put your head on a gitzo set of carbon fiber legs many years ago and can't seem to change. Thanks!