PDA

View Full Version : First attempt at tintype, dry plates



sheel
23-Nov-2016, 15:31
Hello, I've mostly been a lurker here but wanted to share my first attempt at tintype photography, using the Rockloid kit. :)

I certainly ran into issues, like being impatient and not letting the first plate dry enough, accidentally laying wax paper on top of the plates too early in storage, etc.

Plate 1
https://c7.staticflickr.com/6/5321/31166658446_37d96797d6_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Pu6gJ7)Plate 001 (https://flic.kr/p/Pu6gJ7) by Sheel Kapur (https://www.flickr.com/photos/sheelkapur/), on Flickr

Plate 2
https://c8.staticflickr.com/6/5340/30395409263_a3cbef1fc8_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/NiWqdp)Plate 002 (https://flic.kr/p/NiWqdp) by Sheel Kapur (https://www.flickr.com/photos/sheelkapur/), on Flickr

Plate 3
https://c5.staticflickr.com/6/5479/31166688516_25bb5622bf_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Pu6qEy)Plate 003 (https://flic.kr/p/Pu6qEy) by Sheel Kapur (https://www.flickr.com/photos/sheelkapur/), on Flickr

MMELVIS
23-Nov-2016, 17:45
Your results for a first run are good. My first try with this process I only got one partial image from 8 plates.

sheel
27-Nov-2016, 23:59
Your results for a first run are good. My first try with this process I only got one partial image from 8 plates.

Thanks! Fun process, but not sure if I'm hooked. I want to try some outdoor stuff next.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk