PDA

View Full Version : Chamonix 045N-2 Newbie Question

IanBarber
23-Sep-2016, 05:10
I have just taken delivery of my first Chamonix Camera, in fact this is the first 5x4 camera I have ever owned.

The front standard screws onto a rail via a T locking knob. The rail has 5 possible mounting holes from memory.

I am finding that to focus at Infinity with my 150mm f/5.6 lens, the front standard has to be in the fourth hole looking from the front. Does this appear right ?

Two23
23-Sep-2016, 05:38
I have a Chamonix 045n. I have a 150mm lens. That's the same hole I use. If the lens is focusing on the ground glass, you're in the right hole.

Kent in SD

IanBarber
23-Sep-2016, 05:42
I have a Chamonix 045n. I have a 150mm lens. That's the same hole I use. If the lens is focusing on the ground glass, you're in the right hole.

Kent in SD

Thanks Ken, just wanted the clarification. I was in South Dakota this time 2 years ago, beautiful part of the world, loved the black hills and great to see people working the ranches on horseback

IanBarber
23-Sep-2016, 11:29
I have also noticed that on the rear, there is what appears to be a thin sheet of plastic over the screen. Is this just a protective cover or does it serve another purpose

Two23
23-Sep-2016, 13:04
I have also noticed that on the rear, there is what appears to be a thin sheet of plastic over the screen. Is this just a protective cover or does it serve another purpose

Yes. Probably for shipping.

Kent in SD