PDA

View Full Version : Speedotron Black line Force 10 Mono-lights (1000 ws each)

DG 3313
14-Sep-2016, 20:36
Love them or hate them and why?

Tav Walraven
16-Sep-2016, 22:02
DG.........

I've had one for over 10 years. It still works perfectly to this day with the original light source. I've done a commercial job with it, along with other lights, for the last 6 years for the same client, and it just keeps on working. I've recently acquired a Black Line 4800 and 2 2400's. One of the 2400's needed a capacitor, and these are the OLD ones with the chrome switches, not the white switches. They work great also. I highly recommend any of the Speedotron products. You might look into a used 2400 pack if you need more light but if 1000 w/s is plenty, get one.

DG 3313
17-Sep-2016, 07:40
Tav,

Thanks for the info....I picked up two of the Force 10s (and accessories) from a Pro in Santa Cruz, Ca. I got them for a few hundred bucks and am impressed with the power for the price. He had 2 more but held on to them.

Don

DG.........

I've had one for over 10 years. It still works perfectly to this day with the original light source. I've done a commercial job with it, along with other lights, for the last 6 years for the same client, and it just keeps on working. I've recently acquired a Black Line 4800 and 2 2400's. One of the 2400's needed a capacitor, and these are the OLD ones with the chrome switches, not the white switches. They work great also. I highly recommend any of the Speedotron products. You might look into a used 2400 pack if you need more light but if 1000 w/s is plenty, get one.

Peter De Smidt
17-Sep-2016, 08:05
I haven't used the monolights, but Blackline packs and heads are real workhorses.

Don Dudenbostel
11-Mar-2017, 20:40
I had 8 force 10's and sold 3 when I started to retire. I talked myself out of retiring and still have 5 of them. I have black line gear also and think Speedotron is as good as it gets. Over many decades of shooting commercial work I never had any serious problems due to poor design or construction of my Speedotron equipment. The only issue was a large generator malfunctioned on location and blew out one of my 4800 packs. Speedotron turned it around in repair in 24 hours.

The only complaint with the force 10's is the internal slaves. They're not very good so I use external slaves I plug into the PC socket. They are excellent units that are very flexible as to power output and cycle quickly. They deliver a consistent color and output as well.