PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Nebraska!

Taura Horn
14-Sep-2016, 15:00
Enough lurking around, hi! I'm a wedding and portrait photographer in Nebraska, and just got my own 4x5 camera after a few years without. My personal work consists of portraits, landscape, townscapes/documentary, and as you see here, random ideas like wedding dress tintypes.

Peter De Smidt
14-Sep-2016, 15:53
Welcome!

metalsmith
14-Sep-2016, 19:48
Welcome! I am in Kearney. I just lurk and collect equipment. I will have a darkroom, eventually!

Kevin

Taura Horn
14-Sep-2016, 21:09
Welcome! I am in Kearney. I just lurk and collect equipment. I will have a darkroom, eventually!

Kevin

Cool! I need to sell crap. And make my husband put a sink in my darkroom:)

Tim Meisburger
15-Sep-2016, 05:59
Hi Taura. My niece lives on a farm near Kimball, and I just returned from there. I love Nebraska, and love the light there, but I have never been there in the winter.

Nice plate!

Welcome to the forum!

Tim

Two23
15-Sep-2016, 15:30
Hi Taura. My niece lives on a farm near Kimball, and I just returned from there. I love Nebraska, and love the light there, but I have never been there in the winter.

Nice plate!

Welcome to the forum!

Winter is the best time--the light tends to be very soft.

Taura--are you shooting film or ?

Kent in SD

Taura Horn
15-Sep-2016, 19:51

Nice plate!

Welcome to the forum!

Tim

Thanks! We have a ranch north of Kimball near Bridgeport, it's so beautiful there. I haven't been there this year yet, but here's a blog post I did about my last trip! If there's snow, winter in Nebraska can be a fun time to go out and shoot:)

http://www.taurahorn.com/blog/2015/11/western-nebraska (http://www.taurahorn.com/blog/2015/11/western-nebraska)

Taura Horn
15-Sep-2016, 20:03
Winter is the best time--the light tends to be very soft.

Taura--are you shooting film or ?

Kent in SD

Long answer... Commercial: For weddings I shoot hybrid, with a d800 and a mamiya 645afd, and if I don't use my d800 I'll use an f100 or my old minolta srt201 (so easy!!). For portraits of families, kids, seniors etc I use the mamiya 645afd, and sometimes the d800 if the kids are too wild and I'll just waste film on them. Headshots, real estate and other things that need a fast turn around and I wouldn't use in my portfolio I just use digital.

For my personal art work, I use a Hasselblad 500cm, Rollei, Fuji gf670, Fuji ga645, a baby Graflex, sometimes the Mamiya 645afd, and now the Wista 45 vx!

Jac@stafford.net
15-Sep-2016, 20:28
My sweetheart and I love Nebraska. We take the Blue Highways across the state and find heartening communities everywhere. And the sky of Nebraska! A friend, a native of Nebraska long ago taught me how the plains contrast the ocean of sky above. Sleep under the night sky of Nebraska and you will never be so blessed again.

Andrew O'Neill
16-Sep-2016, 09:55
Welcome!

Randy
23-Sep-2016, 17:37
I spent a week in Nebraska one day. It was July of 1978, left Denver in the morning on my motorcycle heading for Ellsworth AFB near Rapid City, SD. Just a while after crossing from CO into NE it started to rain...hard. I spent the next 10 hours driving a motorcycle in a down-pour. I don't think I got over 40 mph the entire trip through NE. Didn't get to enjoy the scenery much :(

Leszek Vogt
9-Jan-2017, 19:38
Welcome to LF mayhem. Somehow I missed the view too. I entered on one end and suddenly (must have been snoring) I realized I was still on the road....on the other side of the state. Never seen road this straight.

Les