PDA

View Full Version : Closet Storage Idea

neil poulsen
14-Aug-2016, 16:06
Here's a storage idea for photo gear. The photos aren't great, but they do the job.

We have an under-stair closet that I use to store photo gear. There's a peg board to support gear on the right and shelves on the left. (1st Photo.)

I made a cart on which to store additional gear. Of course, there' peg board and gear on both sides of the cart. (2nd Photo.)

The 3rd photo shows the cart in the closet. Note that it was necessary to cut the upper right corner of the cart to a diagonal, so that the cart would better fit into the closet.

Using this idea, I was just about doubled what I could store in this closet. :)

el french
15-Aug-2016, 01:03
I was wondering why you had so many closets that you needed to store them ...

mikl
15-Aug-2016, 06:06
Mate you need to be banned for being so neat! (great job though)
Michael

Richard Wasserman
15-Aug-2016, 08:15
So organized! Just proves there are 2 kinds of people in the world.

I'm the other kind

faberryman
15-Aug-2016, 08:46
Those with closets and those without?

Richard Wasserman
15-Aug-2016, 09:10
Those with closets and those without?

Those who organize their closets and those who don't (assuming they have closets)...

IanG
15-Aug-2016, 10:55
I like the middle image, a nice idea, I find things take up too much floor space. Something to look into this winter.

Ian

Michael Cienfuegos
16-Aug-2016, 10:33
Organized people are depressing, especially to those of us who are handicapped in that department. My closets generally look like a liquor store after an earthquake, not always a pretty site. :( :( :(

m

Jerry Bodine
16-Aug-2016, 13:47
It's a choice. One can spend a little time creating a "place for everything" and find any item quickly when needed OR waste a lot of time searching for an item (that continually moves around) when needed. A matter of efficiency. It's also driven by how one is brung up; my mother always drilled into me from childhood the old axiom "a place for everything and everything in its place."

Michael Cienfuegos
21-Aug-2016, 12:03
It's a choice. One can spend a little time creating a "place for everything" and find any item quickly when needed OR waste a lot of time searching for an item (that continually moves around) when needed. A matter of efficiency. It's also driven by how one is brung up; my mother always drilled into me from childhood the old axiom "a place for everything and everything in its place."

My mother was the same way, but then I married a girl whose mother once told my mother that her daughter was the "world's worst housekeeper" and didn't know where she got it from. My late wife was also a pack rat, so I had loads of stuff to part with after she died. The sloppiness rubbed off, though, a hard habit to break. :(

m

Kirk Gittings
21-Aug-2016, 12:28
So organized! Just proves there are 2 kinds of people in the world.

I'm the other kind

:)

Ari
21-Aug-2016, 12:42
Very admirable, Neil; if I were that organized, I'd never be able to find anything when I needed it.

LabRat
21-Aug-2016, 14:49
Nice!!!!

I keep skeletons in my closets... :-)

Steve K

Drew Bedo
24-Aug-2016, 10:55
Nice!!!!

I keep skeletons in my closets... :-)

Steve K

Does it lock with a Skeliton-Key?

Drew Bedo
24-Aug-2016, 11:04
Neil:

I really like the idea and its execution. All my stuff is stored in camera bags and computer cases that are—well, stuffed into closets already crammed with clothing or blankets, sheets and other bedding.

I am envious of your ability to set aside an entire closet exclusively for your photographic equipment.