PDA

View Full Version : Hi from New Mexico

Axelwik
11-Jul-2016, 20:34
Glad to join from Albuquerque.

I've always wanted to get into large format photography after a foray into medium format, but digital delayed it until I came to my senses and now getting back into film. I bought a Wista metal 4x5 camera from Japan (eBay) and a few lenses, and on Saturday finished setting up a 4x5 darkroom in a spare house (my man-cave).

Other cameras are a Nikon FM2 and D300 with a slew of old Nikkor glass, an RB67, and Fuji GS645S.

Still use digital where appropriate such as sports and wildlife, but my main interests are landscape, cityscape, and very interested in more of the artistic stuff.

To pay the bills I'm a hydrogeologist. I travel a lot, so usually some photo opportunities come with it.

Anyhow, good to be here.

Randy Moe
12-Jul-2016, 06:53
Welcome!

Sounds like you are ready and able.

With interesting location travel and a good job. :)

Brian Schall
12-Jul-2016, 12:39
Welcome from another ABQer, I'm with NMED GWQB so deal with you hydrogeologist all the time (and my wife is/was a geologist).

Jan Pietrzak
12-Jul-2016, 16:42
Axelwik,

Hi from up the road in SF/NM.....looks like we are getting a good group from New Mexico.....and I am sure that Kirk Gittings will chime in and some time.....Jan

Axelwik
12-Jul-2016, 16:54
Thanks for all the replies. Brian, I work for John Shomaker & Associates. We still do a little bit of work for NMED/PSTB, but our main focus is groundwater resources, and most of our clients are water utilities. I spend most of my time writing specs, overseeing well drilling, and writing the reports.

Jan, I'm often in Santa Fe working with your water utility. Just finished a project there last week. There's so much to photograph here in NM... don't know why I didn't get back into it sooner.

Marco

Kirk Gittings
12-Jul-2016, 17:04
Welcome! When I get back to town we will have to get together.

Axelwik
12-Jul-2016, 17:05
Randy, like the photos on your website.

Axelwik
12-Jul-2016, 17:07
Welcome! When I get back to town we will have to get together.

Kirk, sounds great!

Marco

Jan Pietrzak
13-Jul-2016, 12:25
Axelwik,

Or is it Marco, any way I am out in Eldorado so not the Santa Fe WD but the Eldorado WD message me the next time you are out.....Jan

Jmarmck
13-Jul-2016, 12:38
Welcome!
Water resources, an honorable occupation.
Photography, an extremely worth while pastime.
LF Photography, Nirvana

Randy Moe
13-Jul-2016, 13:18
Randy, like the photos on your website.

Thanks!