PDA

View Full Version : Rittreck View Restored

jpreston
26-Jun-2016, 08:24
Finally ordered and received the replacement bellows for the Rittreck View camera I purchased from Simon Benton (thanks again, Simon!). I installed them this weekend along with new foam seals all around. She's no beauty queen, but I think she's now ready to go for a long, long time!

pjd
15-Jul-2016, 07:36
Looks pretty cool to me.

Bipin
17-Jul-2016, 10:15
Very nice! How is this camera for traveling around with - in a back pack, say? I've been considering buying one.

jpreston
17-Jul-2016, 17:35
Looks pretty cool to me.

I really like it. It has pretty much every movement one could need and is built like a tank. With the new bellows and foam seals, it should last longer than me...

jpreston
17-Jul-2016, 17:42
Very nice! How is this camera for traveling around with - in a back pack, say? I've been considering buying one.

The RV is very large and heavy. If you have a nice backpack, then you'll be fine.

Randy Moe
17-Jul-2016, 19:53
I think these were designed for and sold as portable Studio portrait cameras.

The micro tilt rear standard gearing is for fine tuning a portrait.

I think I read that somewhere. Of course being self casing it also is great for travel.

These are very nice, unique cameras.

Did you install the Japanese bellows with the front frame?

jpreston
18-Jul-2016, 18:25
Yes, that's the one I used. I've only had the camera out once since finishing the resto, but it's a lot of fun to use!

Randy Moe
18-Jul-2016, 18:37
Yes, that's the one I used. I've only had the camera out once since finishing the resto, but it's a lot of fun to use!

Have fun!