PDA

View Full Version : Urban Insult Vehicle, 45 calibre is completed

DrTang
19-Jun-2016, 11:01
just in the nick of time - there is a parade next weekend I plan of shooting the pre parade staging area

http://www.mericphoto.com/lfp/UIV.JPG

The Joker
19-Jun-2016, 11:44
does it double as a zimmer frame?

Bob Salomon
19-Jun-2016, 12:03
How do you use the selfie stick?

DrTang
19-Jun-2016, 12:34
How do you use the selfie stick?

the Q flash goes on that

Jim C.
19-Jun-2016, 12:39
Nice rig !
You have to fix that column lock knob, they always get bent.

Jody_S
19-Jun-2016, 12:57
Nice rig!

Ari
19-Jun-2016, 16:24
Nice rig!

Agreed; all you're missing is a portable solar-powered sandwich press, for some snacking during down time.

Tracy Storer
19-Jun-2016, 17:22
Oh, How cool is that !
Just stay on top of your darkslide / holder changing protocol since you don't have to pull the holder to focus...........

EdSawyer
20-Jun-2016, 06:18
Nice! Is that with the 240mm or 270mm lenses? I'd say use Grafmatics with that setup, should help keep the flow going.

DrTang
20-Jun-2016, 07:33
Nice! Is that with the 240mm or 270mm lenses? I'd say use Grafmatics with that setup, should help keep the flow going.

210's.. yup..loading up 6 grafmatics this week

I switched the taking lens into one of those polaroid copals so I won't need to cock the shutter each time

Drew Bedo
20-Jun-2016, 08:12
Simple and elegant: Nice!

Can the "front" leg be opened horizontal for a pull handle? How do you transport the rest of your gear?

this could be a patentable commercial product'

Drew Bedo
20-Jun-2016, 08:16
Looking and thinking:

What about using sopked pneumatic wheels from a jogging stroller?

DrTang
20-Jun-2016, 08:28
Looking and thinking:

What about using sopked pneumatic wheels from a jogging stroller?
I could have..these just happened to be at Orchard Hardware and fit the axle part there too..

I'm just going to be on pavement..no offroading for me

I think my one mistake is too much of a spread on the rear legs.. it might get ugly trying to run around in crowded areas

eventually I think I'll have the welder guy cut a chunk out of the bottom bar and weld it together to make it more crowd and doorway friendly

I just wasn't thinking at the welders

Drew Bedo
21-Jun-2016, 06:39
DrTang:

How do you handle everything else . . .all the other gear?

EdSawyer
21-Jun-2016, 06:53
Good call with the self-cocking shutter. The only downside to those is limited top speed but if you are using flash for most of the light it should be a non-issue probably.

DrTang
21-Jun-2016, 08:27
camera bag on the back end will have the grafmatics and flash meter... I'll hang the battery for the Q-flash on it somewhere

and I'm considering bolting a bike water bottle cage or two on the legs for instant access to refreshment

no darkcloth needed

DrTang:

How do you handle everything else . . .all the other gear?

DrTang
21-Jun-2016, 08:32
Good call with the self-cocking shutter. The only downside to those is limited top speed but if you are using flash for most of the light it should be a non-issue probably.

I might end up rating the Tmax 100 at 50 so I can shoot wider..or ND filters.. but then I'll need to pump up the juice on the flash

the parade is always a pain because of the sun.. every year I pray for overcast.. and most years it's blazing sun

EdSawyer
22-Jun-2016, 05:39
I am working on building a pair of lensboards for mine (TWR) to fit xenotar 150s.

LabRat
22-Jun-2016, 06:11
camera bag on the back end will have the grafmatics and flash meter... I'll hang the battery for the Q-flash on it somewhere

and I'm considering bolting a bike water bottle cage or two on the legs for instant access to refreshment

no darkcloth needed

And get a parrot for your shoulder... Maybe some people will think you are just a normal kook with that rig in public, they will be attracted to "Polly", and you can say "Watch the birdy"... ;-)

Steve K

Kirk Gittings
22-Jun-2016, 08:45
And get a parrot for your shoulder... Maybe some people will think you are just a normal kook with that rig in public, they will be attracted to "Polly", and you can say "Watch the birdy"... ;-)

Steve K

Or a monkey. Even better :)

Drew Bedo
29-Jun-2016, 07:48
DR. T:

The weekend has come and gone. How did the Urban Insult work for you? Any changes to the concept in orser?