PDA

View Full Version : Osiris F1 film processor

Daniel Stone
16-Jun-2016, 07:47
Hope this comes to light here in the US!

http://petapixel.com/2016/06/15/osiris-f1-affordable-automatic-film-processor/

Corran
16-Jun-2016, 08:06
Interesting. I am still keeping up with the Filmomat (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?126959-quot-Filmomat-quot-prototype-roll-sheet-film-processor&highlight=filmomat)guy to see what he does.

The PP article mentions they "suddenly pulled out of the market" here in the USA. Wonder what that is about. Supposedly CatLABS was the exclusive distributor. If priced around $1k like the article mentions that would be crazy.

DrTang
16-Jun-2016, 09:00
okay..but what film sizes?

probably 135 and 120

if they could scale that up to 11x14 or 8x10 even ..then I bet some brainiac could figure out how to make it work with that high speed reversal paper

THEN.. I could shoot nearly instantaneous 11x14 prints

which would be sweet

Duolab123
16-Jun-2016, 17:32
Looks like a one off proto type. In the video the guy jst fumbles with buttons, temperature didn't Chang a bit and the tank looks like I theft from Jobo. I wouldn't touch it . Just more land fill.
Mike

Duolab123
16-Jun-2016, 17:34
Looks like a one off proto type. In the video the guy just fumbles with buttons, temperature didn't Change a bit and the tank looks like IP theft from Jobo. I wouldn't touch it . Just more land fill.
Mike

xiaubauu
25-Jul-2017, 19:38
Oh well, gen II is out, I hope it's more reliable than the first gen...

cvansas
2-Sep-2018, 01:17
Oh well, gen II is out, I hope it's more reliable than the first gen...The osiris f1 Works great as long as you know how to operate it. Don't fill it with 20C tap water unless you want to wait for hours heating time. this aspect I solved with a heating element in the water supply. I have one at home and it works like a charm.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

locutus
2-Sep-2018, 02:13
The osiris f1 Works great as long as you know how to operate it. Don't fill it with 20C tap water unless you want to wait for hours heating time. this aspect I solved with a heating element in the water supply. I have one at home and it works like a charm.

Where did you purchase yours? Through AliExpress?

Duolab123
2-Sep-2018, 23:25
Is this true?. I would be surprised. Nothing is being said anywhere else

blue4130
3-Sep-2018, 01:51
Is what true? The machine has been out for a couple years now. It is a real product, sold in China. My friend has been using one for over a year now, he seems to get along with it well enough.

Thalmees
3-Sep-2018, 09:32
Afraid it's not permitted to be sold outside china!
Wondering how many customer photographers among roughly 1.5 billion population?

blue4130
3-Sep-2018, 15:14
I've been in Beijing since 2010 and I can say that film is alive and well in China.

Jac@stafford.net
3-Sep-2018, 15:22
Afraid it's not permitted to be sold outside china!

Might it be due to patent infringements?

Duolab123
4-Sep-2018, 10:00
Is what true? The machine has been out for a couple years now. It is a real product, sold in China. My friend has been using one for over a year now, he seems to get along with it well enough.

Pictures please! Great news

Thalmees
10-Sep-2018, 06:06
To everyone here, and to anyone who may concern.
Have received some update and very important info about the processor, through a private conversation with our forum-mate "koh303", just wanted to provide it here for all.
Koh303 is happy to provide this info and update to all forum members.
Thanks so much koh303 for my self and on behalf of others.

koh303: about 200 production machines were made, following a 50 machine test run.
There are many safety issues, and other programming issues, that were unresolved at the time, and there is no real restriction on selling in the US, but the risk is just too high. It also seems to be unavailable in China at the moment, at least as far as i could find.
The over all production quality was poor on the sample i had, and while it did work (for some types of processing), there was no way i would be testing it long term.
koh303 ID page on this forum: http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/member.php?35760-koh303

cvansas
15-Sep-2018, 14:54
ok guys, it is a real machine and it works like a charm, but take care cause you can only order it in China, I ordered it via a friend living in Hong Kong. I will soon post pictures and a full review on my website so keep tuned.

cvansas
15-Sep-2018, 14:57
ps I suspect that the reason why this machine is not sold abroad has to to with authorship rights. the machines design is different from the Jobo Atl however the same tank system is used. I guess that results in problems for commercial sale which is absolutely stupid since Jobo stopped producing the ATLs

cvansas
15-Sep-2018, 15:03
Oh well, gen II is out, I hope it's more reliable than the first gen...as far as I know the gen II has added rotation speed adjustment for be film development. I can't judge on the reliability difference in comparison with the 1st gen though I expect not a lot changed in the hardware of the design. On the website it is written that osiris also planned for an improved version of the current machine but they don't specify what they will improve.

Duolab123
15-Sep-2018, 21:46
I suspect that these machines lack UL, CE, CSA or similar 3rd party certification for safety and environmental standards. Everything Jobo sells has 3rd party certification. The RoHS standards, plastic flammability, electrical safety, Jobo can provide test data on every molded part, component, supplier etc.
I'm not doubting that these machines exist, but without certification they probably won't be exported to the EU, or NAFTA regions.
MHO, Mike

Tim V
11-Dec-2018, 22:57
Anyone out there ordered or tried one of these recently? They are still selling the F1 in China, plus the tanks on eBay. It’s very cheap but wonder if they still only ship to China? I’ve emailed them regardless to ask, so hope to hear back soon. Keen to hear ofvuser reports though as it looks like it has been refined over the last few years?

http://www.osirisfilm.com/page86?_l=en

Duolab123
12-Dec-2018, 17:48
Anyone out there ordered or tried one of these recently? They are still selling the F1 in China, plus the tanks on eBay. It’s very cheap but wonder if they still only ship to China? I’ve emailed them regardless to ask, so hope to hear back soon. Keen to hear ofvuser reports though as it looks like it has been refined over the last few years?

http://www.osirisfilm.com/page86?_l=en

Hopefully you will hear from a user. You might want to ask on some of the other forums i.e. Photrio / APUG

Tim V
15-Dec-2018, 18:03
I haven't had a reply email so I'm guessing they're not interested in selling to anyone outside of China, as others in this thread have indicated. Price is in the "too good to be true" bracket, and the processor can't accomodate the Jobo 3005 Expert drum for 8x10" processing anyway, but it's still an interesting unit.

Duolab123
16-Dec-2018, 19:00
I haven't had a reply email so I'm guessing they're not interested in selling to anyone outside of China, as others in this thread have indicated. Price is in the "too good to be true" bracket, and the processor can't accomodate the Jobo 3005 Expert drum for 8x10" processing anyway, but it's still an interesting unit.

I would be amazed if these units are in production. A bunch of neat pictures on the Web are one thing. If these were out there and available, and operating you would see on youtube etc. There's plenty of Jobo copy reels etc. Out there, I tried a Jobo like 35/120 reel it was pretty sloppy, loose. The seller was very nice refunded my money. I have used the black plastic panels from China with my genuine Jobo 2509n reels, the panels worked fine. My thought was maybe the tanks and reels are coming from a separate injection molding company. ???
When I need to replace my Jobo CPP2 it will be with a CPP3. I will be buying one in the next year or so just to make sure I have one. The CPP3 looks really heavy duty.

blue4130
16-Dec-2018, 20:37
They are out here. I live in Beijing, I reviewed an early sample with a friend, but he ended up sending it back. A second friend bought one and has been using it for over a year now. He has no issues with it and runs a couple rolls and a handful of 4x5 a week through it.

Tim V
17-Dec-2018, 02:26
May I ask why he sent it back? I really wish there was more information about the unit out there as it's an attractive proposition for the supposed price.

Can you elaborate on what you think of it?

They are out here. I live in Beijing, I reviewed an early sample with a friend, but he ended up sending it back. A second friend bought one and has been using it for over a year now. He has no issues with it and runs a couple rolls and a handful of 4x5 a week through it.

blue4130
17-Dec-2018, 06:56
May I ask why he sent it back? I really wish there was more information about the unit out there as it's an attractive proposition for the supposed price.

Can you elaborate on what you think of it?

It was an early model from the first batch. Fit and finish wasn't what he was expecting for the money. (mixture of screw types, flashing left on the plastic parts) I personally would have kept it, but it wasn't my money ;)

Renato Tonelli
17-Dec-2018, 18:09
The Osiris looks suspiciously like the Jobo ATL-1500; the control panel is on the left instead of the right and the drum lid is absent. I don’t know about the internal guts but I have to wonder, even by the looks of it alone -
No patent infringement? Really?

Duolab123
17-Dec-2018, 19:43

Please see if they can post a video. It's very interesting. In China, can you just order one up and get it in a week? It's clearly based on Jobo design, but the electronic internals are 30 years newer. Has to be different.

No offense intended, I would not be a customer.

IF there is hard tooling for the machine that's quite an accomplishment. I hope it works out. Getting the product into the US, Japan, EU etc. would be a challenge.
Best Regards Mike

Tim V
18-Dec-2018, 04:21
Thanks for extra info, Vance. I wish I could somehow order one from here in New Zealand. If it’s reliable and works well and can do 8x10”, I’d be in. No replies to my email though.

Tim V
14-Jan-2019, 01:19
A friend enquired at a Chinese store on my behalf. They do sell these machines on special order; seems menu is not able to be set in English and the company or shop does not ship outside of China.

Duolab123
14-Jan-2019, 21:38
A friend enquired at a Chinese store on my behalf. They do sell these machines on special order; seems menu is not able to be set in English and the company or shop does not ship outside of China.

I would love to see a user/owner video and review of this machine.