PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from China

bw-man
14-Jun-2016, 01:18
Greetings from China
I come from China, would be glad to enter the large format BBS, meet new friends of all countries.
I can't speak English very well, so I need computer translation.If is not accurate, please forgive me.
Salute to large format BBS administrator!

AtlantaTerry
14-Jun-2016, 01:21
Welcome!

By the way, I am sure your English is much better than my Chinese. :)

欢迎来到大画幅摄影论坛!
Huānyng li do d huf shyǐng lntn!

bw-man
14-Jun-2016, 01:57
AtlantaTerry, thank you for your Chinese, it seems to have the warmth of home.
I have more than sixty years old, retired. The age of learning a language has been lost. Look at the big picture forum article, can only rely on computer translation.
A lot of discussion of this forum, I have a lot of attraction. And, here you can see old friends and meet new friends. I am very happy.
In China, there are many large format camera photographers and enthusiasts. But because of the relationship between age and language, many people don't know this forum, it is a pity.

diversey
14-Jun-2016, 06:08
Welcome! Chicago LFP Group
欢迎加入! 芝加哥大画幅摄影组:)

dasBlute
14-Jun-2016, 09:06
welcome, we're glad to have another friend from the great land across the water, the other 'meiguo'

欢迎,我们很高兴有来自全国各地的水伟大的土地的另一位朋友,其他的“美国网” :)

-Tim

Leszek Vogt
14-Jun-2016, 15:12
Welcome to the forum. Just visited your city last year and stayed near Guloudaje.

Les

Two23
14-Jun-2016, 15:17
Some day I would like to visit China. I will bring my Chamonix 4x5 camera with me.

Kent in SD

Taija71A
14-Jun-2016, 16:01
Welcome and very warm, Greetings to you also... From Canada!
You have no need to worry 'bw-man'. Your initial 'translated' message was easily understood and appreciated -- By All. :)
--
Best Regards, -Tim.

歡迎和非常熱情,問候你還......從加拿大!
你沒有必要擔心“BW-人'. 你最初的'翻譯'的消息很容易被理解和讚賞 -- 通過所有。:)
--
最好的問候,-Tim。

_________

bobbotron
14-Jun-2016, 16:07
Hello bw-man and welcome! Looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing your stories! :)

rich815
14-Jun-2016, 16:37
Welcome! I lived in Beijing from 1999-2001. I remember a large format camera shop down the alley near the large bookstore north of Longfu shopping alley. Is that still there?

bw-man
14-Jun-2016, 17:20
Welcome! I lived in Beijing from 1999-2001. I remember a large format camera shop down the alley near the large bookstore north of Longfu shopping alley. Is that still there?

rich815
Temple fairs in Beijing should still be under camera shop.Admire your memory.
Right now many of the use of China's large camera, 4 x5 is known as the "stamp",5 x7 few, by many more people use 8 x10 and more cameras.
There are lots of people have their own darkroom.There are many good and have the characteristics of the works.
There are many Internet discussion groups.But also have a spontaneous large format photographer parties and exhibitions every year.
Welcome more friends to understand China's large format photography.

I don't know, speak these here, if, in violation of the provisions of the BBS, I am sorry!

bw-man
14-Jun-2016, 17:59
Hello bw-man and welcome! Looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing your stories! :)

Thank bobbotron,
My photography work more than 30 years, has its own photographic works, also have their own design developing tank product.I hope to share with friends to discuss, in the process of product design hope, joy and frustration.
But I don't know whether these can be published in BBS?In the BBS published under what columns.
Because I was 63 years old, did not understand English, don't know the regulations of BBS.To avoid violation of provisions, from unnecessary misunderstanding.I also hope to get guidance and help.
Give the bless to every one of us.

Drew Wiley
15-Jun-2016, 09:24
Welcome. Your translation program works fine, so it will apparently be easy to communicate. My wife studied in the University of Beijing for a year as an exchange student. There are many bi-lingual Mandarin/English speakers in this area, along with Cantonese/English. But as long as anyone can pronounce "Sinar", we all speak the same.

Randy Moe
15-Jun-2016, 09:37
Greetings!

We are very interested in your Art, methods and please post images.

Thank you

diversey
15-Jun-2016, 09:50
I can help you and I understand Chinese.:) David

Thank bobbotron,
My photography work more than 30 years, has its own photographic works, also have their own design developing tank product.I hope to share with friends to discuss, in the process of product design hope, joy and frustration.
But I don't know whether these can be published in BBS?In the BBS published under what columns.
Because I was 63 years old, did not understand English, don't know the regulations of BBS.To avoid violation of provisions, from unnecessary misunderstanding.I also hope to get guidance and help.
Give the bless to every one of us.

AtlantaTerry
15-Jun-2016, 18:25
Right now many of the use of China's large camera, 4 x5 is known as the "stamp", 5x7 few, but many more people use 8 x10 and more cameras.
There are lots of people have their own darkroom.There are many good and have the characteristics of the works.
There are many Internet discussion groups.But also have a spontaneous large format photographer parties and exhibitions every year.
Welcome more friends to understand China's large format photography.

What large format film do you use? I was using Shanghai black and white 4x5" film but was told that it is not currently available because the factory was in the process of moving to a new location.

Are there other Chinese brands of large format black and white film that we may not know about?

Are black and white film processing chemicals easily available to you or do you have to purchase the raw ingredients then mix your own?

In your own work, what lenses do you like to work with?

Please feel free to post some of your photographs here.

Thank you.
Terry

Andrew O'Neill
1-Jul-2016, 11:10
Welcome! By the way, what is BBS?

Taija71A
1-Jul-2016, 11:31
Bulletin Board System.
--
A bulletin board system or BBS...
Is a computer server running custom software -- That allows users to connect to the system using a terminal program.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulletin_board_system

Andrew O'Neill
1-Jul-2016, 18:27

victorh
11-Jul-2016, 02:33
Hi, I am from Hong Kong, joined this forum 10+ years ago, gave up LF for other things. Recently I cleaned up my dark room, threw away the chemicals (except a batch of Amidol) which I kept all these years and felt I might re-start sometime, so I join this forum again. I still keep the Durst L1200, and some accessories from the Durst L2501. Good to know LF is still alive in China. I used to have a friend in Shanghai who built LF wooden 10x12 cameras. I still have some 10x12 films from him. Good luck and have fun!

bw-man
3-Aug-2016, 05:18
What large format film do you use? I was using Shanghai black and white 4x5" film but was told that it is not currently available because the factory was in the process of moving to a new location.
Are there other Chinese brands of large format black and white film that we may not know about?
Are black and white film processing chemicals easily available to you or do you have to purchase the raw ingredients then mix your own?
In your own work, what lenses do you like to work with?
Please feel free to post some of your photographs here.
Thank you.
Terry

Atlantaterry
Hello, China has a LUCKY film, but the number is not much. A good product, I like it very much.
This is my LUCKY 5 x7 film, with B&W KING 5 x7 developing tank to wash, the B&W KING developing tank is my design and manufacture of stainless steel products.D - 23 flushing for 20 minutes.
The old man is my father, 89 years old, the girl is my granddaughter, 2 years old.My family members are black and white portraits, model is very convenient.
Nice to meet you.

AtlantaTerry
3-Aug-2016, 18:38
This is my LUCKY 5 x7 film, with B&W KING 5 x7 developing tank to wash, the B&W KING developing tank is my design and manufacture of stainless steel products.D - 23 flushing for 20 minutes.

Oh that is interesting! I am sure others here would like to see some photographs of your stainless steel developing tank design.

Do the tanks have floating lids? Are they light tight?

Do you have a 4x5 inch version?

Are you taking orders for the tanks?

Tim Meisburger
3-Aug-2016, 20:08
Hi Terry. The tanks are for sale on ebay. Just google B&W KING. They look quite nice, but I haven't used one.

blue4130
12-Aug-2016, 17:08
Hi BW, I also live in Beijing. I have moved here in 2010 and it is where I started shooting 4x5. Welcome. Maybe we will see each other in the city ;)

bw-man
13-Aug-2016, 23:44
Oh that is interesting! I am sure others here would like to see some photographs of your stainless steel developing tank design.
Do the tanks have floating lids? Are they light tight?
Do you have a 4x5 inch version?
Are you taking orders for the tanks?
Atlanta Terry:
I'm a photographer.B&W KING developing tank is my after eight years of research and production.I like to use the darkroom of stainless steel tools.So, B&W KING all developing tank parts adopt the stainless steel manufacturing.B&W KING developing tank with 4 x 5, 5 x7 two specifications.In the United States and more countries, there have been more and more photographers are using it.
B&W KING website: http://www.bw-king.com/, proposed above can answer your questions.
I go to the Large Format Photography Forum, is not to sell my product.Because every large format as a photographer, all have their own choice darkroom equipment standard strictly.The success of the good product, not rely on the sales, but the effect of product and quality.
In addition I has more than 60 years old this year, has gone beyond the age of the efforts to earn money.I think here, know more photographers peers and friends.
I don't understand English, don't know the rules of the BBS, so don't know if I should be in this column, continue to discuss B&W KING products.
The administrator, please understanding.

bw-man
13-Aug-2016, 23:57
Hi BW, I also live in Beijing. I have moved here in 2010 and it is where I started shooting 4x5. Welcome. Maybe we will see each other in the city ;)
Vance
Browsing your website, a lot of work is wonderful, the Angle of view is very unique.Especially the person's shadow photograph.Deep impression.
There is an opportunity, telephone contact you.
Nice to meet you