PDA

View Full Version : New Epson HD inks substantially more permanent than K3 inks - Aardenburg test results

Ken Lee
21-May-2016, 08:03
See http://www.aardenburg-imaging.com/epson-uchd-versus-k3-inks/

Tin Can
21-May-2016, 08:29
I read most of that quickly. The new does sound better as we would expect. Great!

Is there similar published testing of standard S G prints?

Oren Grad
21-May-2016, 08:56
Is there similar published testing of standard S G prints?

Aardenburg has partial test results on Ilford Galerie Digital FB and RC silver gelatin papers in their database. You need to join to be able to download the results, but there is no charge, although donations are appreciated. Disclosure - I have made some small donations.

Tin Can
21-May-2016, 09:11
Aardenburg has partial test results on Ilford Galerie Digital FB and RC silver gelatin papers in their database. You need to join to be able to download the results, but there is no charge, although donations are appreciated. Disclosure - I have made some small donations.

Great, will do. Thanks Oren!

I am not trying to derail this thread, but minutes before Ken Lee's post, I was invited to a Photo Lab fundraiser tonight where they are raffling a Digital Negative Platinum Print and claiming 1000 year longevity. I thought that dubious at best.

The P600 printer and Epson HD Inks sound good to me.

cowanw
21-May-2016, 09:30
Great, will do. Thanks Oren!

I am not trying to derail this thread, but minutes before Ken Lee's post, I was invited to a Photo Lab fundraiser tonight where they are raffling a Digital Negative Platinum Print and claiming 1000 year longevity. I thought that dubious at best.

The P600 printer and Epson HD Inks sound good to me.
Must be on papyrus! or Vellum.

Sal Santamaura
21-May-2016, 10:35
Aardenburg has partial test results on Ilford Galerie Digital FB and RC silver gelatin papers in their database. You need to join to be able to download the results, but there is no charge, although donations are appreciated. Disclosure - I have made some small donations.Thanks for pointing out the existence of those results. Despite having donated to Aardenburg in support of the P600 testing, I hadn't dug into Mark's site enough to be aware of them.

My observation of various Ilford RC papers is that its Multigrade Warmtone (MGWTRC) version has substantially less OBA content than the others. Therefore, I suspect that color shift from light exposure "wearing out" OBA will be substantially less with MGWTRC than seen in the tested Ilford Galerie RC Digital Silver.

Similarly, for those printing on fiber-based silver gelatin papers, using an extended wash to remove OBA from Multigrade Warmtone FB would likely eliminate even the moderate color shift induced in the tested Ilford Galerie FB Digital Silver.

DennisD
21-May-2016, 18:40
See http://www.aardenburg-imaging.com/epson-uchd-versus-k3-inks/

Thanks for the post. Very interesting read.

Enjoyed learning about Aardenburg's Reciprocity Rule for Print Display !