PDA

View Full Version : Which Fuji hunt package?

DannyTreacy
10-May-2016, 04:43
I want to get a Fuji hunt chemistry pack for processing C-41 and E-6 chemistry using a Jobo CPP processor.

I am based in the U.K. and can't find the chemicals, does anyone know where I can get them at a good price and which kit I would need?

Thanks,
Danny.

Tobias Key
10-May-2016, 06:45
http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/fuji-hunt-c41-x-press-kit-5l-680-p.asp

Is that what you need?

I don't have the first idea what volume of chemicals you need but Ag Photographic are usually fairly competitive on price, unfortunately all the dealers I use will be really cheap for one thing then expensive for the next, so check out a few places to be sure you are getting a good deal.

DannyTreacy
10-May-2016, 14:10
http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/fuji-hunt-c41-x-press-kit-5l-680-p.asp

Is that what you need?

I don't have the first idea what volume of chemicals you need but Ag Photographic are usually fairly competitive on price, unfortunately all the dealers I use will be really cheap for one thing then expensive for the next, so check out a few places to be sure you are getting a good deal.

Hi,

Thanks that's great, I will contact them and see if they do E6 too.

Thanks,
Danny.

Duolab123
10-May-2016, 17:48
Same place has the Fuji PRO 6 E-6 . You have more options than here in the USA. Kodak got out of any kits and we have just recently got the Fuji E-6 back. I have resorted to buying Kodak C-41 concentrates from my local lab. Nice folks will sell me just 5 liter bottles at one time. Kodak requires case sales. I have a CPP, it's a lot of fun.
Best Regards Mike

DannyTreacy
11-May-2016, 00:29
Same place has the Fuji PRO 6 E-6 . You have more options than here in the USA. Kodak got out of any kits and we have just recently got the Fuji E-6 back. I have resorted to buying Kodak C-41 concentrates from my local lab. Nice folks will sell me just 5 liter bottles at one time. Kodak requires case sales. I have a CPP, it's a lot of fun.
Best Regards Mike

Thanks for the info. Good to hear that you're enjoying the CPP. I'm really excited can't believe that I have left it over 20 years of shooting before processing my own films. I heard you should take 10% off the times stated on the Fuji kits when using a Jobo due to the constant agitation, have you found that to be the case?

Duolab123
11-May-2016, 17:50
Thanks for the info. Good to hear that you're enjoying the CPP. I'm really excited can't believe that I have left it over 20 years of shooting before processing my own films. I heard you should take 10% off the times stated on the Fuji kits when using a Jobo due to the constant agitation, have you found that to be the case?

I use times recommended by Kodak, for C-41 every process I have used uses 3 minutes and 15 seconds for developer at 38C. The bleach and fixer I use is Kodak C-41 RA. This is designed for the super fast mini-lab machines, bleach can be as short as 1 minute! In practice I extend the bleach and fixer times a bit.
There's a lot of info about using "rotary processing" published by Kodak for XTOL for black and white, and for color as well. In my experience with C-41 the developer is critical for exact time and temperature. With the bleach and fixer you can extend the times without any problem.

Most of the kits sold in the US by Tetenal, and others use Blix. I like having separate bleach and fixer. These concentrates keep well. You don't need to make a lot at a time. I never make more than a liter.

Google "Kodak Z manuals" They are probably the best processing manuals out there. I use the Kodak Flexicolor C-41 chemicals, manual Z-131 . You will see that development time is always the same, but bleach and fixer times are, well "flexible " to work with almost any processor.

Fuji has the same info out there. You can use one shot or replenish. If you replenish you should easily get 60 rolls of 120 out of 5 liters, probably more.
The chemicals are so cheap I make fresh when in doubt. The fixer should be taken to a lab for silver recovery. In US other stuff is easily tolerated in sanitary sewer, just goes down the drain.
Best Regards, Mike

Duolab123
11-May-2016, 18:16
Update the Z-131 manual is for the traditional C-41 process, I'm using the C-41 RA chemistry, this is covered in Z-100. Much faster bleach and fixer times. Almost every lab uses the fast C-41 RA process, start to finish in under 10 minutes.

Use what Fuji recommends in their kit. The supplier will know what you need to do, if anything to accommodate the Jobo.

I have developed color negative and reversal films in Paterson tanks, Nikor tanks, Jobo etc. I've had good results with all. I really like the Jobo, it's all I use now for film processing. Love it. With the Jobo lift it's effortless.

I have processed 35mm to 11 X14 film never any problems. Only be careful when using diluted developer for black and white. You need enough chemical to do the job.
Good Processing! Mike

Tin Can
11-May-2016, 20:47
Fuji says 40 times 80 sq inches, the usual one roll 35mm =8x10" from their $200 kit, plus shipping, let's say $20.

$220 /40 is $5.50 per sheet plus hot water.

My local shop Gamma, does 8X10 E6 or C41 for $7.50 per, 2 miles away.

I also don't know yet, if my pile of T64 E6 is any good at 10 years past date.

I think I'm gonna go Gamma.

Duolab123
11-May-2016, 22:00
Fuji says 40 times 80 sq inches, the usual one roll 35mm =8x10" from their $200 kit, plus shipping, let's say $20.

$220 /40 is $5.50 per sheet plus hot water.

My local shop Gamma, does 8X10 E6 or C41 for $7.50 per, 2 miles away.

I also don't know yet, if my pile of T64 E6 is any good at 10 years past date.

I think I'm gonna go Gamma.

Randy, if you replenish it will go a lot further, you may have to dig for the info. I'm talking about c-41 here. This is easy as pie for C-41. You use more developer than anything else. So for each 80 sq. in you use about 28 mL of developer replenisher that's 175 8x10 sheets out of 5L. For bleach you will need 8mL of replenisher for 80 sq. in so that gives you 625 sheets of 8x10, also the bleach keeps for a very long time. You use about 50 mL of fix to replenish for 80 sq. In.
The good news is the developer and fixer are cheap. Each component is sold separately. (Kodak Flexicolor RA bleach and fixer, Kodak LU developer and final rinse)

For E-6 replenishment is also an option if you look closely at the Fuji Pro 6 instructions it's all there. Having said this I'm tending to agree with you on having a reliable lab process E-6 .Especially with your precious freezer find. The film is literally irreplaceable, and the E-6 process can get screwy.

I love to develop film, I will probably buy the Fuji E-6 5L outfit, not for any logical reason but just for the joy. I have a bunch of Velvia 120, I got for nothing. Sure do wish Cibachrome was still around.
Happy Trails, Mike