PDA

View Full Version : "Gandolfi" here....

Emil Schildt
23-Apr-2016, 02:53
Well - I have had to make a new account here, as I didn't have any way to recreate the old one.. :(

My computer suddenly "forgot" me as a mamber in here - I have a fairly new one and I have tried all the possible passwords I could think of - but clearly I can't remember it...

And to make it worse, my old email adress is no longer working, so I couldnt let this site recreate it....

So here I am : Emil Schildt - formerly known as Gandolfi.

My biggest "problem" now is, all my old images are now out of my reach, should I choose to erase them... Don't know whether ther's any option to get to them (by adm help?)

mono
23-Apr-2016, 03:00
Welcome back, Emil!!

jnanian
23-Apr-2016, 04:00
Well - I have had to make a new account here, as I didn't have any way to recreate the old one.. :(

My computer suddenly "forgot" me as a mamber in here - I have a fairly new one and I have tried all the possible passwords I could think of - but clearly I can't remember it...

And to make it worse, my old email adress is no longer working, so I couldnt let this site recreate it....

So here I am : Emil Schildt - formerly known as Gandolfi.

My biggest "problem" now is, all my old images are now out of my reach, should I choose to erase them... Don't know whether ther's any option to get to them (by adm help?)

hi emil/galdolfi
why don't you just click on the "contact us" link
and ask the moderators to re-set your password.
im sure it is a simple procedure.

Emil Schildt
23-Apr-2016, 04:10
hi emil/galdolfi
why don't you just click on the "contact us" link
and ask the moderators to re-set your password.
im sure it is a simple procedure.

I was told the resetting is incrypted and automatic, so the original mail had to be in working order... which it is not..

Randy Moe
23-Apr-2016, 06:00
Welcome back! We and they know exactly who you are. :)

Peter De Smidt
23-Apr-2016, 06:43
Welcome back! I had the same thing happen to me a long time ago now, hence the "J" in my user name. I'm not a middle initial type of guy.

Barry Wilkinson
23-Apr-2016, 06:54
I was told the resetting is incrypted and automatic, so the original mail had to be in working order... which it is not..

Hi Emil,

In vBulletin an Admin can change your email address first then your password?

Barry

Emil Schildt
23-Apr-2016, 06:54
Welcome back! I had the same thing happen to me a long time ago now, hence the "J" in my user name. I'm not a middle initial type of guy.

but it sounds cool... :)

What did happen with your old threads/images?

Emil Schildt
23-Apr-2016, 06:55
Hi Emil,

In vBulletin an Admin can change your email address first then your password?

Barry

I have NO idea... (in a perfect World I would like to change my username, but keep the old account...)

Tim Meisburger
23-Apr-2016, 07:27
Yes, its good to use your real name. Otherwise people will think you are Italian...

Peter De Smidt
23-Apr-2016, 07:28
I just tried doing an advanced search on my old user name. It didn't bring anything up. It was a long time ago, though.

jnanian
23-Apr-2016, 10:13

bummer !

its too bad they can't give you a new email first and your olde/new password soon after.
so close, but so far !

in any case looking forward to some more of your stuffs !
j

Ralph Barker
23-Apr-2016, 15:12
Yes, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page to contact the moderators. We can change the e-mail in the original account, assign a new password, and change the member name on the original account to your real name, if you wish.

Emil Schildt
23-Apr-2016, 15:23
Yes, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page to contact the moderators. We can change the e-mail in the original account, assign a new password, and change the member name on the original account to your real name, if you wish.

THANK YOU - I couldn't find it anywhere... (I am dumb, I know)

Ralph Barker
23-Apr-2016, 15:50
Problem resolved. You will now be returned to your regularly scheduled programming. ;)