PDA

View Full Version : From The Netherlands

Bosch
13-Apr-2016, 13:13
Hi guys,

I'm a 24/25 this summer fellow living near Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

Just bought a Toyo 45C. It was offered to me at an irresistably low price so I couldn't pass up on it. It's my first foray into LF (from 35mm Pentax SLRs, 120 Bronica SQ and several TLRs an a Fuji digital system) and I'm excited about using it. I'm setting up a small darkroom to process the shots and have 5 packs of Fuji FP-100C waiting to be used.

If anyone is in the Amsterdam area as well and would like to meet up, take some shots and talk photography, that'd be cool. I'm planning a trip to London in June so if anyone over there wants to do the same, let me know!

Also, how do you guys carry your gear? The Toyo came with a case which isn't too heavy but very inconveniently packagable. I have an ONA bag for my Bronica or other stuff right now, but I'm guessing I'm gonna need a backpack for this one...

koraks
13-Apr-2016, 13:47
Another fellow countryman, it's cool ;) Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the wonderful world of LF! I'm not close to Amsterdam and I visit the city very infrequently, but I'll let you know when I happen to be around and have some spare time.

As to carrying gear: anything up to and including medium format goes into a nylon shoulder bag that I got for free about 15 years ago. It's not made for photo equipment and it's absolutely irresponsible to carry gear in it, but it happens to be my favorite bag.
As for LF, I either carry camera and tripod around on my shoulder if I'm close to home or a vehicle, or I fold it down as well as I can and put it into a backpack. And today I got a little cart that I can hook up to my bike so I can bike around tugging along my 8x10 - or that's the theory. Let's see how it goes.

Alan Gales
13-Apr-2016, 19:51
Most use backpacks. I use a wheeled cordura tool bag for my light weight Wehman 8x10 because I have a bad back. Some use baby strollers for 8x10 and larger. You can also use those new collapsible wagons that will fit in the trunk or boot of your car. A burro is nice but you have to feed and care for it. ;)

Welcome to the forum!

Bosch
14-Apr-2016, 07:53
Another fellow countryman, it's cool ;) Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the wonderful world of LF! I'm not close to Amsterdam and I visit the city very infrequently, but I'll let you know when I happen to be around and have some spare time.

As to carrying gear: anything up to and including medium format goes into a nylon shoulder bag that I got for free about 15 years ago. It's not made for photo equipment and it's absolutely irresponsible to carry gear in it, but it happens to be my favorite bag.
As for LF, I either carry camera and tripod around on my shoulder if I'm close to home or a vehicle, or I fold it down as well as I can and put it into a backpack. And today I got a little cart that I can hook up to my bike so I can bike around tugging along my 8x10 - or that's the theory. Let's see how it goes.

Awesome! Where are you located?

Andrew O'Neill
20-Apr-2016, 12:38
Welcome to the forum!

koraks
23-Apr-2016, 02:37
Awesome! Where are you located?
Sorry for the late response ;) In the South, near the Belgian border.