PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Spotmeter F

davidr1
12-Apr-2016, 09:46
I have a Minolta Spotmeter F that has been unused for several years. I installed a fresh battery and the LCD appears, the internal illuminator works, and all the UP and DOWN functions operate, but the meter only registers an E reading (without the triangular pointer on the scale). It is set in the Time mode (not ISO). Is there a trick to resetting these meters? Or anyone doing repairs? (Minolta's web site indicates Precision Camera, but they no longer handle these). Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Jim Galli
12-Apr-2016, 10:02
Only a couple of obvious things probably already considered. Take the battery out and put it back in for a forced re-set. Usually the "E" means the current reading is way off the scale some place and doing the up - down arrows brings the light it saw somewhere on the scale. The F is my meter of choice to this day. Hope mine works forever. I've got a couple of broken ones too with no place to send them. Maybe someone will know of someone who is on top of that.

Jerry Bodine
12-Apr-2016, 10:36
Just a random thought, with no knowledge of the F:
Are you certain the new battery has been installed with the correct polarity?

Louis Pacilla
12-Apr-2016, 10:38
Hey Jim

I'm not sure if they are still in business but if so they are the go to guys for meter repair of all kinds. It's Quality Light Metric Co LA Ca & the guys name is George Milton which to all accounts really knows his stuff.

Quality Light Metric Co LA Ca
http://www.citysearch.com/profile/55388/los_angeles_ca/quality_light_metric_co_.html

Jerry Bodine
12-Apr-2016, 10:52
...I'm not sure if they are still in business but if so they are the go to guys for meter repair of all kinds. It's Quality Light Metric Co LA Ca & the guys name is George Milton which to all accounts really knows his stuff.

Quality Light Metric Co LA Ca
http://www.citysearch.com/profile/55388/los_angeles_ca/quality_light_metric_co_.html

Yes, he's still in business and, yes, he does know his stuff. I had him re-calibrate my old Gossen meter just last month - very fast to respond and get the work done for a fair price. My only problem was trying to understand him on the phone, due to my hearing loss and his Polish accent, so I asked him to use email - problem solved.

Drew Wiley
12-Apr-2016, 10:53
I sent him a couple meters two years ago. To my knowledge, he's still the "go to" guy for meters used in Hollywood.

davidr1
12-Apr-2016, 13:17
Thanks everyone, I appreciate your assistance.