PDA

View Full Version : How to better support binocular reflex hood for Toyo?

kmallick
8-Apr-2016, 19:34
Based on the wonderful reviews posted on this forum, I decided to purchase a binocular reflex hood for my Toyo 45CF. I am quite happy with the accessory. My face with glass fits comfortably inside the hood, the mirror is bright and its a pleasure to look down and see a right side up image. I can adjust the and tweak the angle of the mirror using the knob, which is an added nice-to-have feature. I should have got this gizmo earlier.

There is a slight problem. The big boxy thing is weighing down and pulling down on the rear frame. Anyone with similar hood had the same problem?

Also any idea on what is that spring sort of thing running down the narrow tube with a bent loop on the top end there for? I have seen a chain dangling in some pictures as well.

el pescador
9-Apr-2016, 10:13
Based on the wonderful reviews posted on this forum, I decided to purchase a binocular reflex hood for my Toyo 45CF. I am quite happy with the accessory. My face with glass fits comfortably inside the hood, the mirror is bright and its a pleasure to look down and see a right side up image. I can adjust the and tweak the angle of the mirror using the knob, which is an added nice-to-have feature. I should have got this gizmo earlier.

There is a slight problem. The big boxy thing is weighing down and pulling down on the rear frame. Anyone with similar hood had the same problem?

Also any idea on what is that spring sort of thing running down the narrow tube with a bent loop on the top end there for? I have seen a chain dangling in some pictures as well.

I have the same reflex viewer which I use on my Toyo 45A field camera. As you say it is a great device. On the 45A I have not noticed any sag with the viewer attached. My viewer has the small chain and hook present, I think it must be to stop the viewer swinging to far if you unlatch it to place a loupe on the ground glass although I could be wrong, unfortunately the camera isn,t handy for me to check. I haven,t used the chain and had thought that I would remove it as it is a bit distracting.