PDA

View Full Version : The prints are here!

Darin Cozine
24-Mar-2005, 20:41
I finally received the prints from the first lfphoto print swap. I must say that I am very pleased with the variety of techniques and styles. The turnout was better than I expected for a first-time run. Great job everyone!

Darin

Darin Cozine
24-Mar-2005, 20:44
Oh, and I would especially like to thank Andy O'Neill, who initiated and coordinated the print swap.

Kudos, Andy!

Ole Tjugen
25-Mar-2005, 04:38
I can only agree - I received the prints this Wednesday.

Great work, great variation!

John D Gerndt
25-Mar-2005, 06:56
I have been looking over my prints too and I am learning from them. I would like to digest my thoughts for a few days but then I would like to bounce them off the other members of this exchange. All it would take is for us to start a new thread but it would be best if the pictures were there and I do not know how to post them. Is there anyone among us that can do this, maybe a week from today?

I am very happy to have participated in this exchange. I thank Andy for organizing it. Andy could you let us know what we could have done better so that the next exchange goes more smoothly? I know that not everybody that promised to participate did so maybe we need some sort of refundable fee or just keep it to ten or fewer participants so the chore of printing is easier to complete. I don’t know, I am looking for insight.

At any rate I will be ready to discuss my reactions to this portfolio on Friday April 1st, no foolin’ and will appreciate (really!) an honest critique of my work from any who have seen it. I am tired of working in isolation.

Cheers,

PS as it seems possible to overload responces with so many images to talk about (based on my own experiences in art school) we might want to split the tread into part I, names A-K and part II, names L-Z

Wayne
25-Mar-2005, 09:20
Is there anyone among us that can do this, maybe a week from today?
------------------

I hpoe so, so that someone like me who just stumbled in after a long absence will know what you are talking about.

Kirk Keyes
25-Mar-2005, 09:43
I can do the scanning - I could also post them on my web site if that is acceptable.

Jim Rhoades
25-Mar-2005, 11:56
Hey; I'm all set to send in the next photo. This exchange worked better than the last one. Now Andy knows who's for real and who talks the talk. John, I'm sorry that you now have two of the same prints. E-mail me your address and I will send you something new.

John D Gerndt
25-Mar-2005, 13:57
Wayne, what took place is an informal print exchange based on a call for prints on this forum. Andy O'neill organized it. It turned out pretty darn good. Just a few of those who signed up did not come through with a print.

Kirk, I appreciate the offer very much. As far as I am concerned yes, you can post my image on your web page; what might be good is a link sending viewers to this forum for the discussion. I don't know anything about how posting images works but it may be the best thing for you to start the discussion with your own questions/comments when you put the images on this forum. Care to start the ball rolling? If you desire any input just ask, though I would bet your sense of whats right matches mine and thank you for the offer of posting the images.

Jim, thanks for noticing the duplication. I do definitely take you up on your offer of a different print, you do nice work. I will send you an email with a subject line: alternate print. Do know that I enjoy the image of the boots, even more now with a story to go with it, that will be one of the things I bring up come the discussion day.

Hey, I think April Fool's Day is a great coincidence, it should help any injury felt for a critique that tells the awful truth (awful lies don't hurt at all) misapprehensions should be known and clearified and good 'ol praise is best toned down with humility and humor too!

Cheers,

Andrew O'Neill
25-Mar-2005, 19:57
Hi everyone! Just came back from a couple of grooling days photographing in "the dry country" (Kamloops, BC area...my favourite area) and I'm beat. Darn shoulder strap on my f64 pack snapped... again! My left shoulder is killing me! Had a great time anyways!
Glad to hear everyone is receiving prints. I had a great time collecting/packaging them. If I were to change anything it would be nothing, really. I came up a bit short with postal money but only a few bucks. Nothing to worry about.
I like Kirk's idea of posting our prints. Then we could write comments ( if possible).
April 1st for an online meet would be great! What would be a good time as we are spread out around the globe?
Well, got to develop that film and then soak my weary bones in the tub. Cheers to all!

Andy

John Berry ( Roadkill )
26-Mar-2005, 01:51
If your going to post the prints, might I suggest that they be one a week. Each entry gets it's limelight, and we'uns that didn't get in on this one will get to saver each one. Just like a fine desert. John

Shilesh Jani
26-Mar-2005, 10:01
Hey all,

I got my prints too. Thank you Andy for coordinating. For me, this was the FIRST time I held contact prints on fiber paper. All prints have something remarkable/story behind them.

There is no need to scan my contribution - it can be found here:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?topic_id=1481&msg_id=00AnYA&photo_id=3042026&photo_sel_index=0

Regards.

Shilesh

John Berry ( Roadkill )
26-Mar-2005, 23:16
Hey Shilesh, just checked out your shot. Very nice. John Berry