PDA

View Full Version : Dividers

blindpig
8-Mar-2016, 09:13
Hey you all!
I'm trying to divide up the interior space in a small duffel bag for my 4X5 camera and am looking for ridged foam or corrugated core plastic sheet or anything like this. Anyone know where I can find this stuff or have another idea for the dividers? Sure will appreciate any and all suggestions.
Don

ghostcount
8-Mar-2016, 10:37
Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/b/Search/N-5yc1vZcbtu/Ntk-Extended/Ntt-coroplast?Ntx=mode+matchpartialmax&NCNI-5)

It's called "coroplast" (concatenation of corrugated plastic) :)

Drew Wiley
8-Mar-2016, 10:45
Any plastics dealer, any decent art store. But I religiously avoid the aforementioned option, since I don't want my truck broken into, or want to get crushed by a
falling box teetered atop some high rack by some meth head who never learned to operate a forklift legally.

Drew Bedo
8-Mar-2016, 10:50
DW: Try Lowe's out in Rosenberg. Its just about around -the-corner from us and have never had a problem such as you describe.

Greg
8-Mar-2016, 11:12
I went to LOWES and bought some Grey Anti-Fatigue Mats. They add a little weight but are super protective shock absorbent. Easily cut to size with a utility knife. I'm sure there's an adhesive out there so you could construct permanent compartments.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_295099-47189-MB06014___?productId=3111467&pl=1&Ntt=floor+mats
I know Home Depot also carries them.
Best deal probably at Harbor Freight

AtlantaTerry
9-Mar-2016, 00:01
What about buying one of those yoga mats? They seem to be closed-cell foam and energy absorbing. Cut to size. WalMart, Fry's and other stores carry them.

As a matter of fact, I have been wanting to buy a yoga mat to cut to pad my Crown Graphic and Cambo camera cases.

blindpig
9-Mar-2016, 08:05
Thanks for the suggestions,really appreciate the help." Coroplast",thanks for that name GC,guess searching for"corrugated core plastic sheet" wasn't close enough for my search engines,LOL!
don

Randy Moe
9-Mar-2016, 08:23
Coroplast is often used for election signs. Might be a few left over soon.

Drew Bedo
9-Mar-2016, 12:41
[QUOTE=AtlantaTerry;1315453]What about buying one of those yoga mats? They seem to be closed-cell foam and energy absorbing. Cut to size. WalMart, Fry's and other stores carry them.

QUOTE]

I have used cut up closed cell foam from an army-surplus sleeping mat. Just a few bucks.