PDA

View Full Version : Film, etc. from Japan

B.S.Kumar
28-Feb-2016, 18:26
Posted with moderator approval

Over the years, I have helped a few members get film from Japan, because those particular films are not available in their countries. Now, I'd like to start this as a formal small business venture. But before doing so, I would appreciate hearing from members.

I won't be able to get film from Fuji direct. I'll have to buy from places like Yodobashi, where the film is stored properly, and prices are generally stable. There are other places where film may be cheaper, but I'm a bit wary, since they seem to keep changing prices, or store film in inappropriate conditions. Yodobashi also ships film through "Cool Takyubin", which is shipping in a refrigerated van.

Pricing will be 5% above the price (in red numbers) you see at www.yodobashi.com plus shipping. That small margin allows for Paypal fees, packing and handling. The smaller yellow numbers are the 10% points I get, and represent my profit. Shipping will be only through JapanPost EMS, and the table can be found here: http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/charge/list/ems_all_en.html
An 8x10 film box weighs about 600 grams, and shipped weight is about 900 grams. 4x5 is 175 grams, with shipping weight of about 450 grams.

How will it work?
Check www.yodobashi.com and confirm the price. Send me an email at uchinomishiharai@gmail.com with your requirements. I add 5% plus shipping costs to your destination, and send you an invoice. You pay the invoice, and I order from Yodobashi. When the film arrives, I package and ship it, either the same or the next business day. While it is in my possession, the film will be refrigerated.

Later on, if volumes increase substantially, I will set up a proper web store.

I welcome your thoughts, opinions and suggestions.

Thanks,
Kumar

tgtaylor
28-Feb-2016, 20:24
Sounds good to me.

Thomas

ScottPhotoCo
28-Feb-2016, 21:53
I'm in.

Tin Can
28-Feb-2016, 22:08
Can someone link to Fuji Acros?

I cannot find a translation button and blindly clicking got me nowhere near it.

Thanks

alanmcd
28-Feb-2016, 22:14

Thanks

Type Fuji in the search box - you'll get it
Alan

Tim Meisburger
28-Feb-2016, 22:42
I love Velvia 50, but it costs 5 bucks a sheet, and five bucks a sheet to develop, so I really cannot afford to shoot color anymore.

B.S.Kumar
28-Feb-2016, 22:58
You can type in Acros 8x10 or Acros 4x5 in the search box on the Yodobashi home page, and you"ll be taken to the page with the relevant links. For example, searching for Acros 4x5 gets you to this page: http://www.yodobashi.com/ec/category/index.html?cate=&word=Acros+4x5&ginput=
There you see three links, but two of them are for discontinued products/packaging. All available items have prices in red. Google Translate does a decent job.

And to clarify, the invoice and payment will be in Japanese Yen.

Kumar

alanmcd
29-Feb-2016, 02:30
I love Velvia 50, but it costs 5 bucks a sheet, and five bucks a sheet to develop, so I really cannot afford to shoot color anymore.

Agreed. I have a box or Velvia 50 but I can't get myself to load it!

Michael W
29-Feb-2016, 06:32
Great initiative.

Tin Can
29-Feb-2016, 09:36
Thanks Kumar. I converted yen to USD and :)!

ahotflash
29-Feb-2016, 10:15
I'm interested:)

Alan9940
29-Feb-2016, 10:58
I'm interested, but I tried to bring up yodobashi.com to check prices and all I get is "This webpage is not available." Also says, "Connection refused." I'll try, again, later.

Leszek Vogt
29-Feb-2016, 14:11
Kumar, are there any offerings in 5x7 ? Acros would be nice :rolleyes:

Les

B.S.Kumar
29-Feb-2016, 17:12
Alan, maybe try a different browser?

Les, Fuji does not offer any 5x7 film now, unfortunately.

Kumar

Alan9940
29-Feb-2016, 17:34
Alan, maybe try a different browser?

Tried it on Windows in both Google Chrome and IE browsers, and on Mac in Safari. Surfed over to Google and brought up a search for yodobashi and clicked on the result. Nothing. Cleared my cache and tried, again. Nothing. So, I guess only those who can bring up the website will be able to participate in your new venture.

Alan

B.S.Kumar
29-Feb-2016, 17:51
That is surprising, because the site works on all my computers, including an old iBook G4, and all of them are at least 5 years old :)
Anyway, if you let me know what you're looking for, I can send you a screenshot of that page.

Kumar

Alan9940
29-Feb-2016, 19:20
That is surprising, because the site works on all my computers, including an old iBook G4, and all of them are at least 5 years old :)
Anyway, if you let me know what you're looking for, I can send you a screenshot of that page.

Kumar

Thanks, Kumar. I'm interested in Velvia 50 and Acros 100 both in 8x10.

B.S.Kumar
29-Feb-2016, 19:51
Alan, I sent a pm. For those interested, please send an email. This may not be the appropriate place to conduct business.

Thanks,
Kumar

EdSawyer
29-Feb-2016, 20:28
Why wouldn't we just buy from them directly and save the middleman costs?

pdmoylan
29-Feb-2016, 20:38
Kumar,

What 4x5 color films are available from Fuji in Japan? I liked the Velvia 100F actually more than the Velvia 100, the latter which is still available in US and running about $72/20 sheet box.

I have not been satisfied completely with the results of prints from my digital captures and would like to shoot more film.

PDM

B.S.Kumar
29-Feb-2016, 21:08
Ed, Yodobashi and other stores do not ship overseas.

PDM, in which format are you interested? In 4x5, PRO 160NS Professional, Provia 100FNP, Velvia 100F Professional, 100NP , 100F NP, Velvia 50NP and Acros 100NP are available.
In 8x10, PRO 160NS Professional, Provia 100F, Velvia 100F Professional, 100NP , 100FNP, Velvia 50NP, Acros 100NP are available.

Kumar

Peter De Smidt
29-Feb-2016, 21:12
Kumar, is the site down for you? I've tried all day to no avail.

B.S.Kumar
29-Feb-2016, 21:47
Peter, I am on the site at this moment. Try a different browser, type in, not follow the link www.yodobashi.com Many sites don't work without the www.
If you are looking for something specific, send me an email, and I can send screenshots so you can check the prices.

Kumar

Roger Cole
29-Feb-2016, 23:06
I'm interested, but I tried to bring up yodobashi.com to check prices and all I get is "This webpage is not available." Also says, "Connection refused." I'll try, again, later.

I can't connect either.

Peter De Smidt
29-Feb-2016, 23:11
I've tried three different browsers to no avail. I'll try tomorrow at work. There's no big rush. I'm sure we'll figure it out.

B.S.Kumar
29-Feb-2016, 23:15
I'm afraid I can't help with those issues, but if you send me an email, I will send screenshots or pdfs of the films in which you are interested.

Kumar

Peter De Smidt
1-Mar-2016, 07:14
Hi Kumar, I'm mainly interested in 8x10 Acros.

B.S.Kumar
1-Mar-2016, 07:25
Peter, I uploaded screenshots for Acros and Velvia 50 NP here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/104131518494734389012/FilmFromJapan?authkey=Gv1sRgCMaD9e_Uhdqq1AE

Kumar

Peter De Smidt
1-Mar-2016, 07:36
Thanks, Kumar.

tgtaylor
1-Mar-2016, 09:04
I clicked onthe link and it worked fine on Chrome which has a translate feature.

Thomad

tgtaylor
1-Mar-2016, 09:05
I clicked onthe link and it worked fine on Chrome which has a translate feature.

Thomad

Peter De Smidt
1-Mar-2016, 09:58
The site came up fine for me at work. For 4x5 Acros, it looks like a savings of $8 over BH with shipping and handling added in. Plus I'd rather support another member. I've got a stock of 8x10 Acros, but when I get low I'll certainly order some.

Andrew O'Neill
1-Mar-2016, 11:30

Thanks

click and scroll down a ways to Acros...

http://www.yodobashi.com/%E3%82%AB%E3%83%A1%E3%83%A9%E7%94%A8%E3%83%95%E3%82%A3%E3%83%AB%E3%83%A0/ct/34561_500000000000000301/

Sirius Glass
1-Mar-2016, 11:43
My Japanese is not so great, so how do I get the translation of the web page? Is there a remedial class for that?

Peter De Smidt
1-Mar-2016, 11:51
Use Chrome. In the upper right, there will be an icon. If you hover over it, it'll say "Translate Page?" Click, and you're good to go.

Andrew O'Neill
1-Mar-2016, 13:07
Yes, extreme right in the browser next to the star.

Andrew O'Neill
1-Mar-2016, 13:08
That's a pretty good price for 4x5 Acros. I'll have to pick some up when I'm there next December.

B.S.Kumar
1-Mar-2016, 15:51
For those not using Chrome, Google Translate does a decent job. Just copy the link and paste it into the box. You can then navigate the entire site in your preferred language.

Kumar

pdmoylan
1-Mar-2016, 19:17
Google search and translate works fine. Conversion about $72 for Velvia 100f 20 sheets.

Seems that your supplier sells a wide range of products. Are they brokers? Is this a brick and mortar?

Would we be paying via paypal? What about shipping method, costs and which shipping vendors? Customs issues? How long for delivery?

PDM

B.S.Kumar
1-Mar-2016, 20:03
Yodobashi is one of Japan's largest retailers - they sell everything - from large format cameras to pencils to washing machines. Their stores are huge, covering entire blocks in Tokyo and Osaka and attract a large number of tourists, particularly from China and South Korea.

As detailed in my first post, after I receive your email, I send you a Paypal invoice denominated in Japanese Yen. Shipping is only through JapanPost EMS, which generally gets packages to most places in 3~4 days. Customs can cause delays in some countries, and that is not really predictable. Customs depends on your country's regulations.

Kumar

Michael W
1-Mar-2016, 21:50
Looking at FP100C - is it 2,650 yen for a box of 10? Seems much for expensive than in the USA.

B.S.Kumar
1-Mar-2016, 22:15
Yes, strange but true...
On the brighter side, the "silk" version is only 2,420 Yen :)

Buy whatever works out cheaper/better for you.

Kumar

B.S.Kumar
7-Mar-2016, 07:34

I would like to inform members that I am now able to supply brand new Toyo film holders.

Current pricing is:
Toyo CH45II 4x5 film holders (2 per pack) : 10,000 JPY
Toyo CH810 8x10 film holder (1 per pack) : 18,000 JPY

This price includes worldwide EMS shipping. There is nothing extra to pay.

Please use Paypal's Currency Converter to figure out exactly how much you will pay in your currency. XE and other sites state wholesale exchange rates, not the rates that Paypal uses.

Payment is via Paypal in Japanese Yen only, shipping is via JapanPost EMS only.
Please send an email to uchinomishiharai at gmail dot com. I will send you an invoice. It will take 2~4 business days for me to ship after you have paid the invoice. EMS generally takes 2~3 days to reach most places in North America, Europe and Australia/New Zealand.

This method is for initial orders only. Once I reach a reasonable volume, I will open up a web store.

Again, please DO NOT send a PM!

Thank you,
Kumar

B.S.Kumar
11-Mar-2016, 05:01
A phone call can be very effective!

I am glad to inform members that there will be no Paypal surcharge of 5% on any film or film holders that you buy from me. This includes previous orders as well. I have already started the process of refunding the 5% that was charged. So, the price you see at Yodobashi in red figures is the price you pay me, plus EMS shipping according to the table here: http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/charge/list/ems_all_en.html

Kumar

EdSawyer
12-Mar-2016, 11:42
Nice!

ramon
12-Apr-2016, 07:37
In my last trip to Japan (Kyoto/Osaka) I wanted to buy ACROS/Microfine.

I bought all microfine developer available that day on the Yodobashi store. But they didn't have any ACROS sheet film, so I ended up with plenty of depelover and no film !

Kumar, glad to know that you can help us to find it. How can you sell it without the 5% charge? Did you finally opened a business and are getting film directly from Fuji? I am worried that if you cannot make profit, you will stop to do this.

I have no way here in Taiwan to find "oficial" Fujifilm LF film anymore. The only LF film available is from individuals that list them on blogs. The last store in taipei that I known of that was selling film do not stock it anymore. They even gave me the Fujifilm distributor phone number but they didn't accepted low volume orders.

I wish you good luck and to have a great business. I will not buy anything yet because my next trip to Japan will be next october to Nagoya.

B.S.Kumar
12-Apr-2016, 07:46
Ramon, don't worry. I am not greedy :) But this is more about helping people get what they want at a reasonable price, rather than making a short-term killing. If more people buy film, the greater are the chances that manufacturers will continue to make it. And if my volumes do get large enough, perhaps I will be able to buy direct from Fuji. Thanks for the wishes. October is still six months away - buy some film now :)

Kumar

B.S.Kumar
12-May-2016, 17:36
Heads up!

JapanPost has announced an increase in EMS charges with effect from 1st June, 2016. The increases are about 300~500 yen in each weight band, and the lowest band for articles weighing up to 300 grams will be eliminated. Get your film now!

Kumar

B.S.Kumar
16-Jul-2016, 20:56
I have managed to get a discount on the following 8x10 films:

Velvia 50 NP
Velvia 100 NP
Velvia 100 F
Provia 100 NP
Pro 160NS

I am therefore offering free worldwide EMS shipping for these films.

Thanks,
Kumar

B.S.Kumar
1-Aug-2016, 01:43
FYI:

Fujifilm has announced the discontinuation of some 35mm films in multi-packs in December 2016. These include Superia Premium 400 and Superia X-tra 400 36 exposure 5-roll packs, Superia Venus 800 and Natura 1600 36 exposure 3-roll packs. Fujicolor Pro 160NS in 4x5 is being discontinued in September 2016, and the 8x10 size will be stopped in August, 2016. As of now, stocks are available with large retailers.

http://ffis.fujifilm.co.jp/information/articlein_0054.html (Japanese only)

Kumar

ScottPhotoCo
1-Aug-2016, 16:47
Any word on Acros in sheet film and 120 sizes?

Tim
www.ScottPhoto.co

B.S.Kumar
1-Aug-2016, 18:37
Still available, at least for now.

Kumar

Vaughn
1-Aug-2016, 21:06
My son is returning from Japan in a couple days -- he is buying 3 boxes of Acros 8x10!

Drew Wiley
2-Aug-2016, 08:57
120 Acros is currently abundant in this country, along with plenty of 4x5. Freestyle there in LA has it in stock right now. 8x10 was never available in the US except
by gray market import. I'm down to the last sheets I bought from Badger some time back. A couple months ago some office gofer at Fuji USA put out an incorrect
statement that ACROS had been discontinued. Just wasn't the case.

Andrew O'Neill
3-Aug-2016, 10:09
My son is returning from Japan in a couple days -- he is buying 3 boxes of Acros 8x10!

15000Yen per box is pretty reasonable, and considering your dollar is pretty much par with the Yen... I would have tried to get more!

Alan9940
3-Aug-2016, 11:04
Hello Kumar,

Ya gotta work on getting a discount for Acros 8x10 so you can offer free shipping like on some of the other films! Just some wishful dreamin' on my part!! :) :)

tgtaylor
3-Aug-2016, 11:13
15000 yen is about $150US. That's on par with 8x10 Kodak TXP 320. Ilford Delta 100 is a relative bargain.
Thomas

Vaughn
3-Aug-2016, 11:23
15000Yen per box is pretty reasonable, and considering your dollar is pretty much par with the Yen... I would have tried to get more!

$141 US per box, I think is what my son found (sealed box that can not be opened until out of the country to avoid sales tax).

Drew Wiley
3-Aug-2016, 11:56
Delta ain't ACROS, esp if the name of the game is, what ya see (on the meter) is what ya get (in terms of long exposures). ACROS is the recip champ. No headache pills needed. Lots of other differences too, like toe shape, spectral sensitivity quite different. ACROS also has a bit finer grain at the same speed, though that minor distinction doesn't mean much with 8x10, but might with the greater magnifications that come with small formats.

B.S.Kumar
3-Aug-2016, 15:52
I did try to get a discount on Acros, seeing that it is the most popular film I sell. But no dice. Perhaps I can ask again if/when volumes increase substantially.

Kumar

jnantz
4-Aug-2016, 18:56

Over the years, I have helped a few members get film from Japan, because those particular films are not available in their countries. Now, I'd like to start this as a formal small business venture. But before doing so, I would appreciate hearing from members.

I won't be able to get film from Fuji direct. I'll have to buy from places like Yodobashi, where the film is stored properly, and prices are generally stable. There are other places where film may be cheaper, but I'm a bit wary, since they seem to keep changing prices, or store film in inappropriate conditions. Yodobashi also ships film through "Cool Takyubin", which is shipping in a refrigerated van.

Pricing will be 5% above the price (in red numbers) you see at www.yodobashi.com plus shipping. That small margin allows for Paypal fees, packing and handling. The smaller yellow numbers are the 10% points I get, and represent my profit. Shipping will be only through JapanPost EMS, and the table can be found here: http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/charge/list/ems_all_en.html
An 8x10 film box weighs about 600 grams, and shipped weight is about 900 grams. 4x5 is 175 grams, with shipping weight of about 450 grams.

How will it work?
Check www.yodobashi.com and confirm the price. Send me an email at uchinomishiharai@gmail.com with your requirements. I add 5% plus shipping costs to your destination, and send you an invoice. You pay the invoice, and I order from Yodobashi. When the film arrives, I package and ship it, either the same or the next business day. While it is in my possession, the film will be refrigerated.

Later on, if volumes increase substantially, I will set up a proper web store.

I welcome your thoughts, opinions and suggestions.

Thanks,
Kumar

fantastic news,
best of luck wtih your business venture !
john

Tin Can
5-Aug-2016, 18:26
Looks good!

B.S.Kumar
11-Oct-2016, 21:06
Some film prices, most notably Acros, have been increased. For those of you who find it difficult to navigate the Yodobashi site, here is a pdf of the most popular films/sizes, along with sample shipping costs.

Thanks,
Kumar

B.S.Kumar
10-Nov-2016, 17:45
I am glad to inform the community that Toyo has made changes to their 4x5 film holders to resolve the problems reported here:
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?131636-Blotchy-pattern-on-4x5-negatives

The new Toyo CH45II (AL) 4x5 film holders have aluminum dark slides. They are priced at 4,660 JPY each at Yodobashi. However, I am offering them at 8,400 JPY per pack of two holders, plus EMS shipping.

Kumar

Leigh
10-Nov-2016, 20:20
Hi Kumar,

I'll take 6 of the new ones if you please. PM sent. Thanks.

- Leigh

tgtaylor
11-Nov-2016, 10:26
I am glad to inform the community that Toyo has made changes to their 4x5 film holders to resolve the problems reported here:
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?131636-Blotchy-pattern-on-4x5-negatives

The new Toyo CH45II (AL) 4x5 film holders have aluminum dark slides. They are priced at 4,660 JPY each at Yodobashi. However, I am offering them at 8,400 JPY per pack of two holders, plus EMS shipping.

Kumar

Hi Kumar,

Can you ask Toyo what production runs had the defective dark slides and whether or not the 8x10 holders were affected. Also, is it possible to replace just the dark slide in the affected holders and whether or not they will be supplying the new AL dark slides for replacement.

Thanks,

Thomas

B.S.Kumar
11-Nov-2016, 10:35
Thomas, I confirmed that the 8x10 holders are not affected. I will ask for the answers to your other questions.

Kumar

tgtaylor
11-Nov-2016, 10:43
Thanks!

Thomas

B.S.Kumar
13-Nov-2016, 23:06
I heard from Toyo this morning, and they have confirmed the following:

1. Some Toyo 4x5 holders sold around March 2016 had faulty dark slides.
2. The new aluminum dark slides will fit the older holders (II and CH45M), and will be supplied as replacements, if needed.
3. 8x10 holders are not affected.

Kumar

tgtaylor
14-Nov-2016, 11:37
Thank you for following-up on this for me Kumar. I purchased all 4x5 Toyo holders new prior to 2015 and while I do not leave them out exposed to sunlight I have never noticed "spots" appearing on any negative. Same with a set of 5 8x10 holders which I purchased new about 2 years back.

Thanks again for the follow-up.

Thomas

nede
23-Dec-2016, 13:59
hello,
A newbie question: you could send some acros 8x10 to France without the obligation to pay any taxes?
prices are crazy here where the box is at 250$ or 233€

JamesCookPhoto
23-Dec-2016, 15:47
This looks excellent, I'll have to check against what I can get in Aus but i think you'll get a PM from me soon Kumar

Cheers
James

B.S.Kumar
23-Dec-2016, 17:18
Nede, I can certainly ship any film you want, but taxes are between you and your government :) Send me a PM or email, and we'll discuss this.

James, you're welcome.

Kumar

nede
25-Dec-2016, 11:34
thank you very much kumar!
we get in touch very soon!

Oren Grad
25-Dec-2016, 18:28
Alan, I sent a pm. For those interested, please send an email. This may not be the appropriate place to conduct business.

Thanks,
Kumar

A gentle reminder: general questions about this offering are OK, but as Kumar said, please PM or email about any orders you'd like to place or to follow up on particular transactions. Thanks!

Mike Boden
10-Feb-2017, 22:13
Hi Kumar,

Are you still offering this service? I'm looking for Velvia50 8x10.

Thanks,

Mike

B.S.Kumar
10-Feb-2017, 22:21
Yes, I continue to offer this service. Please send me an email (via the drop-down menu below my user name) to discuss further.

Thanks,
Kumar

B.S.Kumar
9-May-2017, 04:10
Heads up for Velvia 50 8x10 lovers. It is back in stock at Yodobashi.

Kumar

B.S.Kumar
15-Sep-2017, 04:19
Here is an updated price list effective 15th September, 2017. There are a couple of additions of film and packaging (sorry, not large format), as well as a slight revision in shipping charges for the smallest quantity.

https://s25.postimg.org/uha5prhfj/Fuji_Film_Pricing_15_September2017.jpg

Thanks,
Kumar

consummate_fritterer
15-Sep-2017, 10:42
Kumar, are you stating the we should ignore the sheet film on the table above... because it's NLA?

B.S.Kumar
15-Sep-2017, 16:21
No. I meant that the new additions are all small format - Fuji Industrial film, and the 2-roll packaging of Superia Premium 400. Everything shown is available.

Thanks,
Kumar

B.S.Kumar
18-Oct-2017, 19:34
To everyone who bought film from me in the last eighteen months, a big THANK YOU!

Your continued support has made it possible for me to negotiate better terms from my suppliers.

I am now pleased to offer an across the board price reduction of 4~5% on ALL Fuji film, starting 19th October, 2017.

The preferred mode of payment is direct bank transfer via TransferWise, which will save you an additional ~4%. However, I will continue to accept Paypal.

Please see the attached jpeg for the new lower prices.

https://s25.postimg.org/yhh9ikc1r/Fuji_Film_Pricing_19_October2017.jpg

Please DO NOT send a PM here, but do send an email to the address shown in the photo.

Thanks,
Kumar

Pere Casals
19-Oct-2017, 03:40
It looks a fair service, I'll will consider it when I will buy japanese film.

B.S.Kumar
6-Apr-2018, 05:55
Here is the latest price list.

https://s25.postimg.org/owptwlbrj/Fuji_Film_Pricing_1_April2018.jpg

Kumar

Peter De Smidt
3-Jun-2018, 11:24
Kumar, I don't see a link to a price list.

B.S.Kumar
3-Jun-2018, 16:29
This is the current price list. Note that Acros 120 is in extremely short supply, with prices going up. As of now, the price is 3,600 JPY per 5-roll pack. Shipping costs are approximate and can vary by a few hundred yen, depending on quantity.

https://s25.postimg.cc/v4irnm4vz/Fuji_Film_Pricing_1_June2018.jpg

Kumar

B.S.Kumar
7-Jan-2020, 03:48
I haven't updated this post in a while. This is the current pricing for Fuji films.

https://i.postimg.cc/y6rd1HF8/Fuji-Film-Pricing-23rd-November-2019.jpg

Thanks,
Kumar

Alan Klein
7-Jan-2020, 06:38
What is the difference between Velvia 100 NP and Velvia 100 F vs. the Velvia 100 sold in the US? Are there tech specs sheets available?
Same with Velvia 50NP? No Velvia 50 in 4x5 sheets are made in US. Is this product exclusive to sales in Japan? What does this product compare to in the US?

B.S.Kumar
7-Jan-2020, 18:08
NP is similar to the Velvia sold in the US, with vivid colors. F does not emphasize the warm colors like NP. Velvia 50 is not sold in sheet formats in the US.
Datasheets:
Velvia 50: https://www.fujifilm.com/products/professional_films/pdf/velvia_50_datasheet.pdf
Velvia 100: https://www.fujifilm.com/products/professional_films/pdf/velvia_100_datasheet.pdf
Velvia 100F: https://www.fujifilm.com/products/professional_films/pdf/velvia_100f_datasheet.pdf

Alan Klein
7-Jan-2020, 20:43
Kumar, What's the turn around time once you process the order? What kind of expiry dates are the on Velvia 50 in 4x5?

B.S.Kumar
7-Jan-2020, 21:08
I place the order immediately after your payment is credited to my account. It generally takes 3~4 days for me to receive the film, and I ship within 24 hours on weekdays. The film I sell is the freshest available anywhere, since my distributors get it directly from Fuji.

If you would like to discuss further, please send an email, rather than posting here.

Kumar

B.S.Kumar
24-Jun-2021, 18:35
The latest price list:

https://i.postimg.cc/rFVzztwN/Fuji-Film-Pricing-15-January2021.jpg

Alan Klein
25-Jun-2021, 19:20
Kumar: Is there a delay getting Velvia 50 in 4x5? Are they backlogged?

B.S.Kumar
26-Jun-2021, 07:52
Alan,

Film is manufactured in batches, so occasionally there are backlogs. But right now, Velvia in all sizes is readily available. I buy direct from a Fuji distributor, who orders it from Fuji when my order is placed, so you get the freshest film available anywhere.

Kumar

_Karl
1-Jul-2021, 08:29
I just found this thread, Kumar. AND I figured out how to translate using Chrome.
Not buying anything at the moment but I will keep your service in mind.
You are my go-to guy for MF/LF photography.
I envy your knowledge of the subject.

_Karl

Ethan
8-Jul-2021, 16:35
Kumar... I just read that Fuji is stopping sales of Velvia 100 in the US due to one of the chemicals being banned. Will you still be able to sell it to us from Japan?

B.S.Kumar
8-Jul-2021, 18:35
Ethan,

The order states that the ban will be enforced from September 5th, 2021. But will imports be allowed until then? I am unsure. I believe banned items are supposed to be discarded / destroyed. Let me know if you'd like to place a small test order.

Kumar

Alan Klein
10-Jul-2021, 05:22
For those interested in the turnaround time, I ordered a box of 20 Velvia 50 in 4x5 from Kumar on June 27th. It was shipped from Japan on July 3rd, cleared US customs July 5th and delivered to my home in New Jersey on July 8th at noon. They left it at my door without signature as most packages I receive are handled. I don't know if Kumar can ship with signature required if you need it.

B.S.Kumar
10-Jul-2021, 07:07
Thank you, Alan.

JapanPost EMS services to the US have resumed only last month after being suspended since April 2020. But JapanPost warns of delays. Until quick EMS services restart, I am shipping via UPS with signature required. However, in the US, the requirement for signature has been dispensed with until the pandemic ends. The driver is supposed to inform the recipient about the delivery, but I believe that is not being done. It is possible to schedule deliveries when the recipient is home, so that packages are not left unattended.

Kumar

Mortimer
10-Jul-2021, 07:21
Thank you, Alan.

JapanPost EMS services to the US have resumed only last month after being suspended since April 2020. But JapanPost warns of delays. Until quick EMS services restart, I am shipping via UPS with signature required. However, in the US, the requirement for signature has been dispensed with until the pandemic ends. The driver is supposed to inform the recipient about the delivery, but I believe that is not being done. It is possible to schedule deliveries when the recipient is home, so that packages are not left unattended.

Kumar

I was surprised last week when UPS actually wanted a signature. I don't know how widespread that is, or how well enforced, but signatures seem to be coming back (in the US).