PDA

View Full Version : Options to mount bellows?

LarsAC
21-Feb-2016, 12:15
Hello,

Can someone point me to a reversible method to mount bellows in a DIY camera ? I'm somewhat reluctant to glue the bellows to the standards as this would render later improvements impossible.

Screwing would be fine, but probably needs a thin piece of wood glued to the bellows, I guess?

I'm in the design stage of an 11x14, but will probably start with a reducing back for 8x10 since I have a holder for that format.

Some descriptions or, even better, photos are welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Lars

ic-racer
21-Feb-2016, 12:24
Mount the bellows to a frame and screw the frame to the standard.

vinny
21-Feb-2016, 12:34
I glued mine to aluminum frames.
The bellows are inserted through the back of the camera and held in place with the back. The front is held in place with a sliding mechanism just like a lens board latch. Chamonix cameras use a similar method.

barnacle
21-Feb-2016, 14:28
...inserted through the back of the camera and held in place with the back...

/me slaps self on forehead... why didn't I think of that?

Neil

LarsAC
21-Feb-2016, 14:34
I glued mine to aluminum frames.
The bellows are inserted through the back of the camera and held in place with the back. The front is held in place with a sliding mechanism just like a lens board latch. Chamonix cameras use a similar method.

Sounds interesting, indeed. I'll look through the photos of your camera project again, browsed them just recently - great project.

Lars

Willie
21-Feb-2016, 16:53
If you check out Red Green from Canada, he has the answer. The Handy Man's Secret Weapon.

LarsAC
26-Feb-2016, 11:43
Would velcro tape be an option?

Lars

barnacle
26-Feb-2016, 14:12
It turns out that the self-adhesive velcro unsticks itself over time. Ask me how I know...

Neil