PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Scotland.

alexmuir
10-Jan-2016, 08:31
Hello Everyone. I have only recently started in Large Format with a Horseman 4x5 monorail and a Schneider 210mm lens. I am really enjoying the experience. I have been viewing the Forum over the last few months, and have picked up a lot of useful information. I'm amazed by the diversity of discussion, and the quality of the images. The idea of posting images to relevant threads makes it much quicker to view the latest images without navigating to a separate part of the site. I hope to contribute at some point, but in the meantime I'm happy to soak up the wealth of knowledge and experience. Keep up the good work!
Alex.

Sirius Glass
10-Jan-2016, 11:55
Welcome to Large Format Photography Forum

alexmuir
10-Jan-2016, 13:51

Thank you!
Alex

Andrew O'Neill
10-Jan-2016, 15:45
Hi Alex. What part of Scotland are you in? I've been all over. My dad's from Invergordon.

alexmuir
10-Jan-2016, 16:49
Hi Andrew. I'm in Glasgow, but work in Ayrshire. I've been around a lot of the country, but not to Invergordon (yet!).
I've taken my monorail for a few trips, but it's not the most portable. I'm hoping for some better weather to get out in the open again. There is some great scenery here.
Alex

Sirius Glass
10-Jan-2016, 19:21
Hi Andrew. I'm in Glasgow, but work in Ayrshire. I've been around a lot of the country, but not to Invergordon (yet!).
I've taken my monorail for a few trips, but it's not the most portable. I'm hoping for some better weather to get out in the open again. There is some great scenery here.
Alex

John Kasaian
10-Jan-2016, 20:00
Welcome aboard!

Andrew O'Neill
10-Jan-2016, 23:35
Scotland is photography heaven, that's for sure!

mpirie
11-Jan-2016, 05:52
Welcome Alex, I'm a bit further north than you are, but welcome to the Forum.

Mike

alexmuir
20-Jan-2016, 16:01
Thanks everyone! I'm enjoying the forum already. There's plenty of inspiration, and sound advice.
Alex.

mono
21-Jan-2016, 01:36
Welcome to LFF, Alex!
I love Scotland!!

Milonian
12-Feb-2016, 07:49
Hi Alex, welcome from Bonnyrigg, Midlothian (just near Edinburgh). I'm often through west and north west as my son lives near Clydebank and all the scenery is up in the north west!
Gordon

cplkao
13-Jan-2017, 08:55
Hi Alex,
welcome from Edinburgh :)

Hope you enjoyed 4x5!