PDA

View Full Version : Ilford's 2016 ULF campaign and 122 roll film

geopadi
10-Jan-2016, 06:12
Hi,
I am trying to drum up interest for 122 size roll film so that Ilford may get sufficient orders for their 2016 Ultra large format campaign to make it happen.
I wrote to David Abberley of Ilford a few months ago and he quoted his technical people as saying:
"The 122 format = 92mm slit width which fits within a 95.25mm wide wrapper / spool.
Theoretically we could finish this as a single slit (10m) if we can pattern the rest of the width to other formats.

Would much rather finish to 92mm width pattern though; less complex / prone to issues."

David recommended not using the sheet base which in last years ULF campaign was available as order number 1164756 FP4+ in 50ft length 9cm wide as it would be too difficult to roll. I have to agree!

He suggested I post on forums to promote any interest there may be apart from myself! I have posted this on APUG.

I would be prepared to order 2 x 10metre rolls which is 2 x 393 inches and since in a 6 exp roll the film itself is 38 inches long this would yield 20 rolls if you have the backing paper.
I only have 9 original rolls and therefore backing paper to reuse.
My preference would be FP4+ but just as happy with HP5 or anything that is not aged 46 years or older! 6 rolls dated 1973 just went on eBay for $271.66 !!

I have no idea where to go from here as I believe the orders have to be made to accredited Ilford stockists only. Maybe if all those interested also wrote to Ilford they may make a run available to order for 2016

If there is a better place to post this please let me know, you never know if there is enough interest maybe New Ferrania will make some colour 122 as well ;p).

Duolab123
11-Jan-2016, 21:19
Hi,
I am trying to drum up interest for 122 size roll film so that Ilford may get sufficient orders for their 2016 Ultra large format campaign to make it happen.
I wrote to David Abberley of Ilford a few months ago and he quoted his technical people as saying:
"The 122 format = 92mm slit width which fits within a 95.25mm wide wrapper / spool.
Theoretically we could finish this as a single slit (10m) if we can pattern the rest of the width to other formats.

Would much rather finish to 92mm width pattern though; less complex / prone to issues."

David recommended not using the sheet base which in last years ULF campaign was available as order number 1164756 FP4+ in 50ft length 9cm wide as it would be too difficult to roll. I have to agree!

He suggested I post on forums to promote any interest there may be apart from myself! I have posted this on APUG.

I would be prepared to order 2 x 10metre rolls which is 2 x 393 inches and since in a 6 exp roll the film itself is 38 inches long this would yield 20 rolls if you have the backing paper.
I only have 9 original rolls and therefore backing paper to reuse.
My preference would be FP4+ but just as happy with HP5 or anything that is not aged 46 years or older! 6 rolls dated 1973 just went on eBay for $271.66 !!

I have no idea where to go from here as I believe the orders have to be made to accredited Ilford stockists only. Maybe if all those interested also wrote to Ilford they may make a run available to order for 2016

If there is a better place to post this please let me know, you never know if there is enough interest maybe New Ferrania will make some colour 122 as well ;p).

I'm going to play this darn Powerball thing just this once and when I win I'm going to start making postcard cameras and film�� I would love it. I might have a couple of spools. I do have a letterpress and am setting up to print postcard backs. A friend and I did it years ago, she still has the zinc die cuts we copied from old postcard backs. Alas I will be projection printing though.