PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody!

Daniel.E
8-Jan-2016, 10:51
I've been a member for almost a month and I've been reading as much as I can and getting familiar with LF and the forum.

I inherited an amazing setup and starting to get my feet wet. I've shot MF before but nothing compares to setting up my monorail camera (Cambo Master PC) and looking through that GG.

I have several questions but I'll post those later.

Cheers!

Sirius Glass
8-Jan-2016, 14:07
Welcome to Large Format Photography Forum

Andrew O'Neill
8-Jan-2016, 16:16
Welcome, Daniel!

Alan Gales
8-Jan-2016, 18:29
Congratulations! You did inherit a nice camera. Welcome to the forum.

Michael Clark
8-Jan-2016, 18:54
Good camera, a couple of lenses and film and you be set.

Daniel.E
8-Jan-2016, 19:48
Thank you everybody! I'm pretty excited. I got some really nice lenses too with the setup. A Schneider Super-Angulon 90mm 5.6, a Schneider Componon 150mm 5.6 (interesting about the enlarging lens), Voigtlander Apo-Lanthar 210mm 4.5, Schneider Symmar S 300mm 5.6 and a Rodenstock Imagon 300mm 5.8. I'm all set to go! it even came with a roll film back, a 545i, and I just bought a Polaroid PA-145.

Alan Gales
8-Jan-2016, 20:50
Voigtlander APO-Lanthar lenses bring good money. Just to let you know. You can check Ebay to get a current price.

macolive
8-Jan-2016, 22:29
Welcome Daniel. No better place than here to get your questions answered.

Tim Meisburger
9-Jan-2016, 00:42
I would not sell that Lanther. You are going to want that for every portrait you make between now and the grave!

Welcome.

Alan Gales
9-Jan-2016, 11:22
I would not sell that Lanther. You are going to want that for every portrait you make between now and the grave!

Welcome.

I'm not recommending selling the Lanthar. Since the OP is a newbie, I just wanted him to be aware of what he had. :)

Daniel.E
9-Jan-2016, 15:14
Yes, thank you and I agree, I won't be selling the Lanthar anytime soon. The Cambo would go first in favor of a field camera if anything.

Jim Fitzgerald
9-Jan-2016, 15:45
Daniel, welcome. We will be relocating to Vancouver WA and should be there next month. Read a lot. Some very good info here and lots of help. Check out the image threads for some inspiration. A lot of great work posted here.

Bill_1856
9-Jan-2016, 16:28
Hi, sailor -- new in town?

Daniel.E
9-Jan-2016, 18:12
Daniel, welcome. We will be relocating to Vancouver WA and should be there next month. Read a lot. Some very good info here and lots of help. Check out the image threads for some inspiration. A lot of great work posted here.

Thank you! I'm reading a lot and I'll check the image section.

Hi, sailor -- new in town?

:) that would be my wife actually. We've been here for two years but it still feels new to us, there's so much to explore here.

Alan Gales
9-Jan-2016, 19:09
Yes, thank you and I agree, I won't be selling the Lanthar anytime soon. The Cambo would go first in favor of a field camera if anything.

A lot of monorails go for dirt cheap nowadays. The Master can bring a little money if it's real nice and has the carrying case.

Monorails are nice for portraiture and architecture. You need bellows extension for head or head and shoulder shots and movements for architecture. It's really nice to own both a monorail and a field camera.