PDA

View Full Version : LA Times article on Julius Shulman

Donald Brewster
3-Mar-2005, 09:58
www.latimes.com/features/home/la-hm-shulman3mar03,0,2269747.story?coll=la-home-home (http://www.latimes.com/features/home/la-hm-shulman3mar03,0,2269747.story?coll=la-home-home)

Gem Singer
3-Mar-2005, 18:42
Ninety-four years of age and still actively photographing. I'll soon be seventy-five. I'm still a kid! Thanks Donald.

Oren Grad
3-Mar-2005, 20:26
Fun article - thanks for posting the link!

Merg Ross
3-Mar-2005, 22:43
Thank you for the opportunity to read about Julius Shulman. When I started my venture into architectural photography in the late 1960's, his book, "Photographing Architecture and Interiors" was first on my list. Aside from his excellent photographs, the book had a fine introduction by Richard Neutra. I was also fortunate to have known Morley Baer from an early age and was pleased to note his mention in the article. Morley was an excellent architectural photographer and was a large influence in my life.

Yes, Eugene, you are a kid! Get out there tomorrow with that 8x10!

Gem Singer
4-Mar-2005, 08:49
Hello Merg,

The Tachi 8X10 camera kit it sitting here in a constant state of readiness. I'm just waiting for the weather to cooperate. It seems like it's been a long wet, cold, and dreary winter in my part of the world. We had one good shooting day in January, and I took advantage of it. I'm also anxious to try out the new (to me) Canham 4X10 outfit. I'll let you know how it turned out.