PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Andysnap
27-Nov-2015, 01:50
Hi all large formateers.

I've just got into LF after being pestered by some other filmie friends for years and I wish I'd done it sooner, loving it.

I currently have a beautifully engineered but heavy MPP Mk VII and a Wista 45 in cherrywood, again a beautiful piece of engineering but as light as a feather (comparatively). The MPP has had some use but the Wista is new and I've only put 4 sheets through it so far and its a joy to use. Can't wait for some decent weather and a mountain to climb.:)

Cheers

Andy

Andrew Tymon
27-Nov-2015, 09:39
Welcome!

Another MPP user here, I love mine but they are heavy. Looks like you off to a great start. The only question is "when are you going to get a 5x7."😃

Graham Patterson
27-Nov-2015, 10:02
I acquired my Wista first, and apart from the bellows length limit, it has done everything I have asked of it. The MPP VII was obtained later, partly in a fit of nostalgia as it is about the same age as me, and I used to pass the factory every so often! The Wista is more convenient for landscapes, where I often want some front forward tilt. The MPP requires side mounting or mixing rear tilt with front back tilt to get the same effect - not so useful. But the longer bellows makes closeups so much easier. Nice to have the choice!

Sirius Glass
27-Nov-2015, 10:35
Welcome to Large Format Photography Forum

Pete Oakley
27-Nov-2015, 11:01
My Wista 45DX was my first LF camera and I've still got it. 5x7 is beautiful and 8x10 is awesome...........don't hold back.
Welcome.

Andrew O'Neill
27-Nov-2015, 11:48
Welcome!

Sirius Glass
27-Nov-2015, 12:44
My Wista 45DX was my first LF camera and I've still got it. 5x7 is beautiful and 8x10 is awesome...........don't hold back.
Welcome.

Welcome to Large Format Photography Forum