PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Manila, Philippines

macolive
15-Nov-2015, 18:36
Just like 480sparky, I thought that I had introduced myself but I guess I had been lurking around this forum for a while that it seemed like I knew many of you guys.

I started my 4x5 plunge after a couple of years of internal debates and finally got it late last year. Unfortunately, work and life just somehow got in the way this year and I'm only now finding time to shoot.

Lots to learn and this is certainly one of the best places to do that!

Thanks.

Michael Olivares

Jim Fitzgerald
15-Nov-2015, 20:22
Welcome and good morning! Stay dry. My wife is there now. One day I'll be there. Do some still life set ups it will get you going. Good luck.

John Kasaian
15-Nov-2015, 20:33
Welcome aboard!

macolive
15-Nov-2015, 20:36
Thanks! Is your wife in town for the APEC summit? If you ever do come over, give me a ring.

Welcome and good morning! Stay dry. My wife is there now. One day I'll be there. Do some still life set ups it will get you going. Good luck.

macolive
15-Nov-2015, 20:37
Welcome aboard!

Thanks!

Tim Meisburger
15-Nov-2015, 20:49
Welcome to the forum Michael! I know two other Filipino LFers, but one lives in Bangkok and the other Paris! Looking forward to seeing your work.

Best, Tim

ScottPhotoCo
16-Nov-2015, 00:34
Welcome sir! I grew up in Manila and haven't been back since 1985. Hope to rectify that soon.

macolive
16-Nov-2015, 01:48
Welcome to the forum Michael! I know two other Filipino LFers, but one lives in Bangkok and the other Paris! Looking forward to seeing your work.

Best, Tim

Thanks Tim!

Interesting on your Filipino friends. There aren't many here in Manila left doing LF as materials are somewhat difficult to come by. Who is your friend in Paris? I may be going this spring.

macolive
16-Nov-2015, 01:50
Welcome sir! I grew up in Manila and haven't been back since 1985. Hope to rectify that soon.

Thanks Tim! You grew up here? Cool! Give me a ring if you come to town.

Tim Meisburger
16-Nov-2015, 05:08
Ha, two Tims! Actually, I am going to Manila next Sunday for a meeting at the ADB. Not sure where that is, but my foundation has an office in Magellanes (sp?).

Ding Gerrous is a wet plate artist and regular photographer in Paris. He passed through here a few months ago and picked up some collodion on his way to the Philippines.

Ding Gerrous
16-Nov-2015, 14:49
Ha, two Tims! Actually, I am going to Manila next Sunday for a meeting at the ADB. Not sure where that is, but my foundation has an office in Magellanes (sp?).

Ding Gerrous is a wet plate artist and regular photographer in Paris. He passed through here a few months ago and picked up some collodion on his way to the Philippines.

Appreciate the intro Tim! I haven't really made a proper introduction myself here in the forum so might as well ride on Michael's, a compatriot bitten by the LF bug. Welcome kabayan!

macolive
16-Nov-2015, 16:01
Appreciate the intro Tim! I haven't really made a proper introduction myself here in the forum so might as well ride on Michael's, a compatriot bitten by the LF bug. Welcome kabayan!

Thanks Ding! Glad you're safe from the situation in Paris.

As I said, I may be going to Paris this spring…maybe we can meet up?

Sirius Glass
16-Nov-2015, 18:50
Welcome to Large Format Photography Forum

Alan Gales
16-Nov-2015, 23:03
That's ok. I never introduced myself. I forgot about it too.

Welcome to the forum!

macolive
17-Nov-2015, 06:57
Welcome to Large Format Photography Forum

That's ok. I never introduced myself. I forgot about it too.

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Michael

Ding Gerrous
18-Nov-2015, 14:04
Thanks Ding! Glad you're safe from the situation in Paris.

As I said, I may be going to Paris this spring…maybe we can meet up?

Hey! i was wondering your name sounded familiar and sure enough, I found our little pm exchange about my 'Crown of Thorns' image a posted a month ago!!! Give me a cyber holler when you get to land here in Paris. It will be a great pleasure to have drink and maybe even show you around if time permits!

macolive
19-Nov-2015, 07:22
Hey! i was wondering your name sounded familiar and sure enough, I found our little pm exchange about my 'Crown of Thorns' image a posted a month ago!!! Give me a cyber holler when you get to land here in Paris. It will be a great pleasure to have drink and maybe even show you around if time permits!

That's right! I was just telling someone about your image/project.

Will definitely give you a heads up when I sort out my schedule for Europe.

Andrew O'Neill
23-Nov-2015, 19:26
This is definitely the place to be! Welcome!