PDA

View Full Version : Omega D5 baseboard

SpeedGraphicMan
13-Nov-2015, 11:33
Can anyone tell my the length and width dimensions to the original baseboard for the Omega D5?

Thanks in advance

Jac@stafford.net
13-Nov-2015, 12:32
22" x 34" x 1.5" for the XL
18" X 34" X 1.5" standard

I extended my board to hold a large Saunders easel.

Sirius Glass
13-Nov-2015, 15:48

I have the XL and that sounds right. I also have the 20"x24" Saunders easel and it fits on the board with room to spare [even though the column keeps it from moving further back].

SpeedGraphicMan
14-Nov-2015, 08:49
Thank you!!!

Jerry Bodine
14-Nov-2015, 12:38

Interesting. My Omega E6 (5x7) XL bought new has the 18x34 baseboard. My home made magnetic easel for 20x24 prints overhangs the baseboard but there's enough space around the baseboard that it works fine without interference.

Jac@stafford.net
14-Nov-2015, 12:54
Interesting. My Omega E6 (5x7) XL bought new has the 18x34 baseboard. My home made magnetic easel for 20x24 prints overhangs the baseboard but there's enough space around the baseboard that it works fine without interference.

I added a baseboard with three leveling legs to the existing one because I found it easier to align that way. I was rather frustrated with the Omega's adjustments. (BTW, I use the 'hall of mirrors' method of alignment.)

Jerry Bodine
14-Nov-2015, 13:54
I added a baseboard with three leveling legs to the existing one because I found it easier to align that way. I was rather frustrated with the Omega's adjustments. (BTW, I use the 'hall of mirrors' method of alignment.)

Aligning mine with the Versalab "Parallel" is rather quick and easy; just by loosening the screws enough so there's still some friction I can nudge things into alignment then tighten them up without messing up the adjustment. It's never been a hassle.

Jac@stafford.net
14-Nov-2015, 14:01
Aligning mine with the Versalab "Parallel" is rather quick and easy; just by loosening the screws enough so there's still some friction I can nudge things into alignment then tighten them up without messing up the adjustment. It's never been a hassle.

I'm just not that smart. :(

Jerry Bodine
14-Nov-2015, 14:15
I'm just not that smart. :(

Sure you are. It's not a "smartness" thing. Just thought if I can offer some thoughts that might relieve some frustrations, it's time well spent. Try my technique - see if it helps.