PDA

View Full Version : Good evening everyone

oscar_gonzalez
21-Oct-2015, 10:24
Hi, my name is Oscar Gonzalez, I'm a person, I'm a medical doctor and I'm a junky for film photography also.
Recently I purchased a Linhof Technika IV (isn't LF) but what a better place to learn than here.

Bob Salomon
21-Oct-2015, 11:00
If it is a Technika IV 4x5 or 5x7 it certainly is large format! Enjoy!

oscar_gonzalez
21-Oct-2015, 15:35
If it is a Technika IV 4x5 or 5x7 it certainly is large format! Enjoy!

Is a Super Technika lV, I think is a 2x3 (6x9), I have a lot of questions hehe

Bob Salomon
21-Oct-2015, 15:49
Is a Super Technika lV, I think is a 2x3 (6x9), I have a lot of questions hehe

Just ask. Post the serial number and we can tell you exactly what it is and when it was made.

oscar_gonzalez
21-Oct-2015, 16:01
Ok, SN: 82960
Can I get sheets of film to it? I don't have the holders also.
I have the 6x9 back (rollex, the knob one) but I'm missing the insert to make it work and I can't find it anywhere.
So I can't use it.
I assume this camera can't accept 4x5 right?

Bob Salomon
21-Oct-2015, 16:24
Ok, SN: 82960
Can I get sheets of film to it? I don't have the holders also.
I have the 6x9 back (rollex, the knob one) but I'm missing the insert to make it work and I can't find it anywhere.
So I can't use it.
I assume this camera can't accept 4x5 right?

1947 Technika IV without the rangefinder.
You should be able to find double sheet film holders for 23 cameras used. I don't think new ones have been made for decades. The inserts for the old Rollex backs also have not been made for many decades and the later Super Rollex inserts would not fit your housing, although 23 Super Rollex backs will fit are very expensive. You can not use 45 film in it.

If I was in your position, rather then investing in your camera I would sell it and look for a 45 Technika IV, or later, and invest in it. Virtually all accessories made since the 45 IV was introduced would fit a 45 Technika IV, V or Master and film and holders are readily available.

oscar_gonzalez
21-Oct-2015, 17:20
1947 Technika IV without the rangefinder.
You should be able to find double sheet film holders for 23 cameras used. I don't think new ones have been made for decades. The inserts for the old Rollex backs also have not been made for many decades and the later Super Rollex inserts would not fit your housing, although 23 Super Rollex backs will fit are very expensive. You can not use 45 film in it.

If I was in your position, rather then investing in your camera I would sell it and look for a 45 Technika IV, or later, and invest in it. Virtually all accessories made since the 45 IV was introduced would fit a 45 Technika IV, V or Master and film and holders are readily available.

Ok, you know, mine has a RF 141245
Also i got this camera on a flee market for 120 dls with 3 lenses, so i want to make the best of it.

joselsgil
21-Oct-2015, 21:42
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Oscar, your best bet would be to obtain another roll film holder. Not sure what other brands, other than the Rollex brand, can be used with your camera.

2x3 sheet film can be obtained, but it is primarily B&W film. I have not seen any color film. You will have more film choices with the roll film back.

One other question. Where are you located? Film supplies vary from location to location.

Good luck,

Jose

DrTang
22-Oct-2015, 09:58
with three lenses?

even if you spend 200 on a rollholder..you'll be in fine shape..and I bet you can get an old 4x5 rollex back for 4x5 for less - just for the insert

a sweet 120 rangefinder -

Old-N-Feeble
22-Oct-2015, 10:11
Wow... that's a fabulous score, Oscar. Congrats!! I agree with others you're best off with a roll film holder. What lenses came with the camera? Do you have the matching cams too?

oscar_gonzalez
22-Oct-2015, 15:23
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Oscar, your best bet would be to obtain another roll film holder. Not sure what other brands, other than the Rollex brand, can be used with your camera.

2x3 sheet film can be obtained, but it is primarily B&W film. I have not seen any color film. You will have more film choices with the roll film back.

One other question. Where are you located? Film supplies vary from location to location.

Good luck,

Jose

If it's only Byw is ok, i enlarge a lot.
I'm from Uruguay (bet you never heard of it), I buy online a lot so, is no big deal.
Thanks!

oscar_gonzalez
22-Oct-2015, 15:27
with three lenses?

even if you spend 200 on a rollholder..you'll be in fine shape..and I bet you can get an old 4x5 rollex back for 4x5 for less - just for the insert

a sweet 120 rangefinder -

Yes, the 105mm Xenar, the 180mm Voigtlander telomar and a second Xenar hehe.
So.. You are telling me that the insert for the rollex 6x9 fits seamless on the 2x3 and 4x5 versions?

oscar_gonzalez
22-Oct-2015, 15:33
Wow... that's a fabulous score, Oscar. Congrats!! I agree with others you're best off with a roll film holder. What lenses came with the camera? Do you have the matching cams too?

It came with a Schneider Xenar 105mm141265
A Voigtlander Telomar 180mm 141266
And A second Xenar.

Recently I bought an insert that is exactly in shape as the Rollex 6x9 one, the seller doesn't know for what holder is, I know is for the rollex 6x9 (knob type) but I don't know if will fit 2x3 or 4x5

DrTang
23-Oct-2015, 08:04
for the same 'style' (era) holder..yes.. didn't Bob say that in the other thread?

oscar_gonzalez
23-Oct-2015, 08:28
for the same 'style' (era) holder..yes.. didn't Bob say that in the other thread?

Yep, I throw the question in many places because I was hitting the buy now button on eBay and I was nervous hehe, but in glad it would work, thanks

joselsgil
24-Oct-2015, 14:20
If it's only Byw is ok, i enlarge a lot.
I'm from Uruguay (bet you never heard of it), I buy online a lot so, is no big deal.
Thanks!

Oscar,

Estoy un poco bobo, pero si se donde queda Uruguay :)

oscar_gonzalez
24-Oct-2015, 16:18
Hey good Spanish.
Really, not many people do, really appreciate it.:)