PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Missions? Which/What is good?

Drew Bedo
20-Oct-2015, 07:17
I may be able to carve out a few hours from a family visit to San Antonio Texas nest week. Where should I go and what should I look for?

Suggestions welcome.

bob carnie
20-Oct-2015, 07:32
I had a short visit to that fine city and really enjoyed a canal boat ride .. quite amazing in fact.

I may be able to carve out a few hours from a family visit to San Antonio Texas nest week. Where should I go and what should I look for?

Suggestions welcome.

bigdog
20-Oct-2015, 08:56
I had a short visit to that fine city and really enjoyed a canal boat ride .. quite amazing in fact.

Bob: that was a river boat ride ... :cool:

San Antonio is about my favorite place, certainly in Texas. Wife and I moved away from there 26 years ago with the full intention of going back after retirement. However, after this long, all of our "infrastructure" is in our present location and while moving is not out of the question, it's on a back burner.

But, I digress.

All of the missions are worth visiting. Photographing at the Alamo will be problematic due to the tourists and the downtown location, but if one must. If you can only get to one, San Jose' would be my choice. It's the largest, and has the biggest grounds. Lots to see and photograph. Get to as many as you have time, though!

Cheers.

Doremus Scudder
20-Oct-2015, 09:33
When I lived in San Antonio (mid 80s) I always wanted to photograph the huge oak at the Alamo. If it's still there, it is well worth a look.

Doremus

bob carnie
20-Oct-2015, 11:32
Really seemed like Venice to me
but I have never been to Venice only seen in pictures.
Bob: that was a river boat ride ... :cool:

San Antonio is about my favorite place, certainly in Texas. Wife and I moved away from there 26 years ago with the full intention of going back after retirement. However, after this long, all of our "infrastructure" is in our present location and while moving is not out of the question, it's on a back burner.

But, I digress.

All of the missions are worth visiting. Photographing at the Alamo will be problematic due to the tourists and the downtown location, but if one must. If you can only get to one, San Jose' would be my choice. It's the largest, and has the biggest grounds. Lots to see and photograph. Get to as many as you have time, though!

Cheers.

Luis-F-S
20-Oct-2015, 12:31
The Alamo, and Nuestra Seņora de la Purisima Concepcion!

Drew Bedo
21-Oct-2015, 19:32
Thanks all.

I am particularly interested in the missions.