PDA

View Full Version : Dallas / Fort Worth Area Photographers

ClintBrewer
12-Oct-2015, 12:29
Hello all. I have been searching through the threads and have not seen any new posts about DFW groups getting together. I am curious how many LF photographers in the Dallas area are printing wet-plate collodion or other Alt-Process (Platinum/Palladium, Cyanotype ect...)?

I would love to see how many DFW Photographers are active on here and then possibly get to know some of you guys!

Personally, i grew up in Dallas but studied photography at Colorado State University where i focused a lot on alternative processes and really fell in love with them. I have been back in dallas for 7 years (yes that makes me 28 yrs old... so i am much less experienced than ALL of you i would imagine!) running a commercial photography studio and trying to get back into LF photography and Alt processes.

I would love to meet anyone in the DFW area who is working in LF and Alt processes, share ideas, advice and prints.

Clint Brewer
www.clintbrewer.com

bigdog
12-Oct-2015, 16:34
Welcome. There is a DFW large format group, although they have fallen into a bit of a slump as far as getting together lately. However, there are some folks, and a group does get together occasionally. As I said on that other forum, send me a PM and I'll get you on the list.

David Brown

Robert Langham
2-Nov-2015, 06:57
There's a rather nice Ansel Show at the Tyler Museum of Art. Vintage prints including the first portfolio which is rarely seen. (Parmelian Prints of the High Sierras. Plus enough other prints to make about 45 images.) We could have a meeting over here on November 15, Sunday, when I lecture about the show at 2:00. Free and the museum will be doing snacks and drinks.

I'm sure I could arrange to get a room for looking at each other's prints as well.

Deardorff in the Pintura Labyrinth at Petrified Forest during early October A-I-R.

bigdog
6-Nov-2015, 10:32
We could have a meeting over here on November 15, Sunday, when I lecture about the show at 2:00. Free and the museum will be doing snacks and drinks.

I'm sure I could arrange to get a room for looking at each other's prints as well.

Excellent idea. Only wish I could come. I'll be leaving for Big Bend on the 15th! :mad:

However, I do plan on stopping by the museum on Friday (the 13th!!) on my way back from Kilgore.

Robert Langham
17-Nov-2015, 09:58
At Tyler Museum of Art on Sunday talking Ansel. Had a standing room only crowd of over 120. Terrific little show to see.

Robert Langham
17-Nov-2015, 09:58
When you get to Big Bend.....bend it!

SergeiR
4-Apr-2016, 12:10
soooo... Shall we? :)