PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Carol Miller at Flutot's Camera Repair.

gemsinger
21-Aug-2015, 17:12
I want to add my compliments to this lady. My old dried-up Copal 0 shutter returned to me today. It now looks and operates like new.

Everything that has been said about Carol's outstanding ability to bring a aged broken shutter back to life is true.

I highly recommend Flutot's Camera Repair in Whittier, CA

peter schrager
21-Aug-2015, 17:21
I second that emotion!
best, peter

gemsinger
21-Aug-2015, 17:22
If you're wondering why this is listed as my post #2, after contributing to this forum for over13 years (more than 3,000 posts).

My computer crashed. I needed to purchase a new one. I also moved to Coppell, TX, and changed providers and email address.

No matter how much I tried, could not reestablish myself on this forum. Had to start all over again. Including the 30 day waiting period to see the classifies.

Peter De Smidt
21-Aug-2015, 17:31
I had something similar happen to me a number of years ago. Now I'm stuck with the annoying "J." in my user name.

Back on point, I've not used Flutot's yet, but I will soon.

Merg Ross
21-Aug-2015, 18:18
If you're wondering why this is listed as my post #2, after contributing to this forum for over13 years (more than 3,000 posts).

My computer crashed. I needed to purchase a new one. I also moved to Coppell, TX, and changed providers and email address.

No matter how much I tried, could not reestablish myself on this forum. Had to start all over again. Including the 30 day waiting period to see the classifies.

Gem, indeed I was wondering, even did a search for you a few days ago! Glad it was just a computer crash and a move to Coppell.

Welcome back!

I will keep Carol in mind --- have always heard good things about her service.

Merg

David Karp
21-Aug-2015, 18:38
Hi Doc,

I hope all is well. Certainly, all is well with your shutter!

And I agree on Carol. She's great.

John Kasaian
21-Aug-2015, 19:13
I agree, Carol does fine work and Flutots is a great resource!

Jerry Bodine
21-Aug-2015, 23:09
Ditto here. She's great!

gemsinger
22-Aug-2015, 09:58
Merg and David,

Please forgive me for not contacting you earlier. Without a computer, I had no way to find your email addresses.

After spending much time and money, I gave up trying to recover the info in my old IMac. It's outdated operating system was infected with malware.

Backed up everything, but still was not able to separate out the newer scans. Gave up trying, and bought a new IMac.

Lost all the scans that were edited in Photoshop. However, I have several duplicate prints of each, as well as the original negatives. Haven't decided whether to rescan and edit them.

Sold my house in Frisco. It became more than I could maintain by myself. Moved to a new apartment in Coppell. Closer to my doctor. However, no space for a darkroom in the one bedroom unit.

Perhaps it's time to retire from film photography.

Thanks for thinking of me. I will contact you via email, and we can exchange email addresses.

BrianShaw
22-Aug-2015, 10:17
gemsinger 2.0

We should all consider such an upgrade every so often!

Bruce Barlow
22-Aug-2015, 10:21
gemsinger 2.0

We should all consider such an upgrade every so often!

Yeah. How much of me can I leave behind? Maybe 35 pounds?

jumanji
22-Aug-2015, 11:12
I still remember your post in topic Show off your large format camera, with a Canham (pardon me if my memory fails me!) because you're the same age as my grandfather, 80-ish. And you're still shooting LF. Such an inspiration for younger generations like me! Welcome back!
And yes Carol does excellent job for a very reasonable price.

David Karp
22-Aug-2015, 11:36
. . . Perhaps it's time to retire from film photography. . . .

You don't wet print any more, right? The bathroom will work great for film development. I assume you still have your scanner, so a tent for loading and unloading holders and you are all set! Of course, if it is too much, photography is still photography with a digital camera! Whatever is enjoyable is what you should do.

We went on a road trip earlier in the summer and I used both my LF gear and my digital camera. For the first time I got some stuff I really liked with the digital. Using both cameras was lots of fun!