PDA

View Full Version : Finding Users' [My Own] Posts In a Thread

appletree
20-Aug-2015, 08:21
Is there a clever way, search function or similar, to go to a thread (even if 1000 pages) and view all our own posts?

For instance, if I go to an image sharing thread, and want to find my posts.
Or those of another user...perhaps I want to see all the posts/images they have shared over the years.

RHITMrB
20-Aug-2015, 11:19
On the right below the breadcrumbs, there's a "Search Thread" button. Click it and there'll be a search field, but also an "Advanced Search" option. On the page this brings you to, the third option is "User Name:". Unfortunately, the search results will unfortunately not have embedded images or links displayed - you'll have to go to each result individually.

appletree
20-Aug-2015, 11:28
On the right below the breadcrumbs, there's a "Search Thread" button. Click it and there'll be a search field, but also an "Advanced Search" option. On the page this brings you to, the third option is "User Name:". Unfortunately, the search results will unfortunately not have embedded images or links displayed - you'll have to go to each result individually.

Ok great. Thanks. Bummer the images/links don't appear.

pdh
20-Aug-2015, 11:28
even easier, in the view of a set of subforums, look at the thread you want.
Next to the word "Replies" is a number - hover your mouse pointer over that and you will see is is clickable - click it!
It'll bring up a list of all the thread contributors with the numbers of their posts - click on the number and the forum will automagically generate a page showing all the posts of that user ...

pdh
20-Aug-2015, 11:32
like this ...