PDA

View Full Version : North Texas meet up August 1st

bigdog
15-Jul-2015, 12:16
We have arranged for DFW area photographers to have a meet up and print share at a space in the Deep Ellum area of Dallas.

We will meet Saturday August 1st (2015) at 11:00 AM at

Get Reel Goods
2614 Elm St. Suite #120
Dallas, TX. 75226

… then go to lunch afterwards somewhere in the area.

As we’ve done before, lets’ start with bringing as many prints as you like (or none), but let’s limit our presentations to 4-6 photographs and 5-10 minutes time, depending on how many we have. We want to make this a monthly thing, and now that we have a space (always the problem before) we are in a better position.

Thanks to Augusto Schillaci for arranging the space!!!

Hope a large group can make it. Come whether you have anything to show or not. See you there!

Robert Langham
29-Jul-2015, 12:27
This still set? Thinking about driving over.

bigdog
30-Jul-2015, 05:16
This still set? Thinking about driving over.

Robert: absolutely! Would love to meet you!

Robert Langham
31-Jul-2015, 20:34
Not just you and I? Got a few folks coming I hope?

8x20_Pano_Shooter
31-Jul-2015, 21:04
Robert, This get together has been posted in several other places. I am aware of eight individuals that have responded that they are planning to attend.

Robert Langham
1-Aug-2015, 05:46
Good deal. I'm sorting prints with eye on the clock right now.

Robert Langham
1-Aug-2015, 16:09
Quite a group. Lots of photographic horsepower in one room! Glad to get to see everyone and their work. Let's do it again and have a print swap or something.

137813 137814 137815

AtlantaTerry
2-Aug-2015, 01:24
Well, how did it go? Who showed up?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Robert Langham
2-Aug-2015, 06:37
David Brown was there, JB and Susan Harlin, Kerry David Thomas, Mark, our host Augusto Schillici, Tatyana Bessmertnaya, myself and another six or seven folks. We saw work from about eight.

bigdog
2-Aug-2015, 13:44
David Brown was there, JB and Susan Harlin, Kerry David Thomas, Mark, our host Augusto Schillici, Tatyana Bessmertnaya, myself and another six or seven folks. We saw work from about eight.

This was the first get together of this sort in quite a while where there were several people I had not met before. This included Robert Langham (although we are Facebook "friends"), but also Tatyana, Jerry and the two other ladies whose names I'm unable to recall - I'm really getting bad about that! Mark is Mark McCarty. I don't think Mark is on this forum as he is a roll film shooter like myself (as is Augusto). Augusto Schillaci set this up, obtaining meeting space for us that is connected to his work. He plans to try and do this monthly, or at least on a regular schedule. Also there were long-time large format guys Bob McCarthy and Glenn Mellon.

Robert Langham
2-Aug-2015, 16:04
We healed the sick, raised the dead and made the lame walk again. JB and Susan got up and rapped at bit while breaking off the latest, hottest dance moves. If you missed it just sit on the ash pile and scrape yourself with a potsherd. Try to make it next time.