PDA

View Full Version : That feeling,when evry thing you work for is right

ShannonG
12-Jul-2015, 20:41
ya know,,we have all had it......weather its lining everything up, the tilt ,,the swing,,,bellows factor ,,filter factor,,reciprocity factor...after awhile you just know....then the wet side,,,dektol,,,add metol crystals if needed,,,mad scientist stuff...in the enlarger ,,turn twist misconstrue the the easel.......photographic art,,,every 4 years or so it hits me,,( 25 years in the light sensitive art form)...i think all my sacrifices for this art is satisfying,,straight up neg printing,,,,to,,,experimentalism,,,i really like my chosen art form...lots of mistakes,,lots of success,,,i like photography and what it has done for me,,,just sayin....

sun of sand
13-Jul-2015, 21:13
Nobody knows what to say here

John Kasaian
13-Jul-2015, 21:36
It's a heck of a lot of fun, ain't it?

ShannonG
14-Jul-2015, 06:43
Nobody knows what to say here

yup ,sorry for my babbling,,just trying to express that feeling when a image turns out just the way you have imagined it,,,,

ShannonG
14-Jul-2015, 06:45
It's a heck of a lot of fun, ain't it?
yup ,,its alot of fun..

Old_Dick
14-Jul-2015, 06:53
Yes it is. Even when it is less then perfect. I still get thrill of seeing a print come up , even after 45 years.

ShannonG
14-Jul-2015, 07:08
Yes it is. Even when it is less then perfect. I still get thrill of seeing a print come up , even after 45 years.

33 years for me,,and i still get excited during the whole process.

DrTang
14-Jul-2015, 07:53
I can think that... but I never ever know for sure until the film is hanging up, drying

so it's kind of a surprise after the fact feeling for me.. like "whoa...I did nail it"

John Kasaian
15-Jul-2015, 14:44
"Adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered."
~G.K.Chesterton :)

Sirius Glass
15-Jul-2015, 14:53
Once you have really learned the process, you just know that it is right and it does feel so good.

dsphotog
16-Jul-2015, 10:01
...Except the model blinked.