PDA

View Full Version : ilfor 500 and BESELER CB7

wager123
29-Jun-2015, 17:00
was just given a mint beseler CB7 and want to use a ilford 500 head I have on it. the adapter I use on the mxt I have doesn't fit. did ilford make an adaptor for the CB7 ? does any one have this set-up and can tell me how they worked it out ?
thanks
mitch

Ginette
1-Jul-2015, 20:13
I was thinking that the CB7 head is pretty similar to the Beseler 45.
What do you have on the frame when you remove the head and the condenser assembly?
Do you have sliding brackets on this model? If yes, you have to remove completely the brackets and the Ilford plate will screw in the holes left by the brackets.
Maybe a picture will help.

wager123
2-Jul-2015, 04:00
it has the same set up as the mxt except the opening is larger and the bracket holes are further apart . I could measure and drill new holes but I am not sure the head would be in the correct position in the opening
mitch

Eric Woodbury
3-Jul-2015, 10:56
I have the CB7 and 45M. The CB7 has slightly larger diameter condensers, as I recall. I don't use the condenser on either, but coldlights instead. And I know nothing of the Ilford 500, but it should work. I put an Aristo coldlight on the CB7. The adapter ring was not quite right, so I cut the adapter ring to make it a little larger diameter and then filled in the gaps with gaffer's tape. It's not the most beautiful thing, but it works.