PDA

View Full Version : Film holder organization

jp
28-Jun-2015, 18:06
I like to keep my film holders organized in the darkroom; a stack/box each for "new", "used", and "empty". Now, I've taken to using plastic ammo cases ($7 at cabelas) to hold the film holders with new film in them, so I can "grab and go" when I go off to shoot.

In my garage this afternoon I built a new shelf for my darkroom to help me keep my film and film holders organized. It has 3 6x6" shelves for film or film holders, and 3 6x8" shelves for my film holder transport/storage cases. It was made of 3/4" pine. When the paint dries tomorrow, I'll screw it into the darkroom wall.

John Kasaian
28-Jun-2015, 19:26
Nice!

jp
29-Jun-2015, 15:09
And installed! I'm now motivated to make some more organizational hardware for around the house.

MrFujicaman
30-Jun-2015, 14:29
BTW, you can find plastic ammo cans like that at Harbor Freight Tools for $4.95 if you have a coupon

domaz
1-Jul-2015, 09:55
Slightly unrelated: Is it better to store film holders flat or on their side? I always feel stacking film holders eventually is going to put too much pressure on the bottom holders.

Doremus Scudder
1-Jul-2015, 10:12
Slightly unrelated: Is it better to store film holders flat or on their side? I always feel stacking film holders eventually is going to put too much pressure on the bottom holders.

I store them both ways, vertically and lying flat, stacked. I've never had any problems either way. That said, I don't stack more than 8-10 holders in a stack.

Best,

Doremus