PDA

View Full Version : Germany: photogravure & wet plate collodion 24th of June – 17th of July 2015

hendrik faure
25-May-2015, 07:30
Announcement of a group exhibition within the Phototriennale Hamburg http://www.phototriennale.de

When Photography Becomes Slow Again
Bucerius Law School,
Jungiusstraße 6, 20355 Hamburg
24th of June – 17th of July 2015

Opening on the 23rd of June, 7 pm including a talk with Dr. Isabel Florêncio Pape

Topic
In the discourse initiated by the Triennale on the topic of position and development of photography in the age of increasing digitalization, this group exhibition draws attention back to the past. The combination of historical photographic processes with modern technology creates pieces, whose aesthetic is reminiscent of the beginnings of photography, yet current in their imagery and pictoral themes. In a world of digital imagery, that has become natural to us and in which we produce billions of images daily, the historical processes demand an intensive examination of each individual motif and result in a re-individualization of the particular image.

Photographers
J. Konrad Schmidt shows ambrotypes: „Black Is the Color of my True Love ́s Hair"
Ralph von Kaufmann shows intagliotypes: „Urban Details"
Oliver Rolf shows ambrotypes: „Handwerker-Künstler — Künstler-Handwerker"
Hendrik Faure shows copperplate photogravures: „no future will come"

Concept
The exhibition does not only cover the pieces themselves but also the process of their creation. Lectures on the technical details and historical context as well as demonstrations of the procedure enable a deeper insight on the photographers work with historical techniques.

Save the date of the following events:
26th of June 2015, 7 pm: Demonstration of an ambrotype
8th of July 2015, 7 pm: Demonstration of an intaglio type

Opening-Hours: Weekdays 9 am-7 pm,
weekends by arrangement via exhibitions@law-school.de
Contact-Details: email to exhibitions@law-school.de
mobile +49176-83096199

thank you for your interest
hendrik

RSalles
25-May-2015, 14:30
Wonderbar!
Unfortunately it's a lot far from where I'm now - wishing some content available on the net, at least,

Cheers,

Renato

hendrik faure
26-May-2015, 03:44
Renato,
there is a facebook adress:

https://www.facebook.com/photographybecomesslow

we will try to fill in more informations next weeks
best regards
hendrik

andreios
26-May-2015, 04:02
Thank you for this notice, Hendrik. I've put it in my diary and will see if I could make it, hopefully for the 8th of July...

ndg
26-May-2015, 04:08
Wish i could make it! Good Luck!

RSalles
26-May-2015, 18:54
Thanks Hendrik, I'll check it out, certainly,

Cheers,

Renato