PDA

View Full Version : Zone VI Type II Enlarger Negative Carrier?

neil poulsen
23-May-2015, 23:26
This was advertised as a Type II lens board, and I was a bit too quick to pull the Buy It Now lever. This lens board has two holes, whereas my Type II chassis accepts lens boards with three holes.

To my question, does anyone recognize this lens board? Does it fit any of he Zone VI enlargers? I notice that it has the same diameter as the "oval" Type I lens boards, which is 4 inches. Perhaps there's a later version of the Type I enlarger with which I'm not familiar?

LabRat
24-May-2015, 10:56
That looks more like an old style Omega lensboard for a B or D series enlarger...

Steve K

Jac@stafford.net
24-May-2015, 11:21
This was covered a coupled years ago.

See this link (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?96389-Zone-VI-Enlarger-question-lens-boards&p=948397&viewfull=1#post948397), click on thumbnail.

neil poulsen
24-May-2015, 14:27
This was covered a coupled years ago.

See this link (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?96389-Zone-VI-Enlarger-question-lens-boards&p=948397&viewfull=1#post948397), click on thumbnail.

Respectfully (and parenthetically), I don't see how this addresses the original question, except that nothing is mentioned the link about any Zone VI lens boards having two holes.

At the time of purchase, the seller stated that he used this board for his Zone VI enlarger. But, I'm beginning to wonder if he was fibbing a bit.

Are the older Omega lensboards 4" in diameter, like this one? If so, then one could convert an Omega board into a Type I by trimming off the holes.

Jac@stafford.net
24-May-2015, 16:27
I thought it pertinent because it shows the correct board. Did it not?

LabRat
25-May-2015, 15:13
I think some of the older Omega boards are about that size... Some are on cones, and just have screwholes, but old Omegas had the 2 slotted holes for the locator/screws...

If he's still doing biz, Harry Taylor (http://www.classic-enlargers.com) would know about all things Omega... (Maybe he could make some new boards up???)

The Omega boards will have the black wrinkle paint, and maybe a trace of a crudely stamped stock # in white or red paint on it...

If you still can't find out anything, I have a box of Omega boards/cones/D8(?) autofocus enlarger in pieces in the garage somewhere, and I'll risk my life in there to find them if you still need someone to check them for size... (And I'm sure other members have been printing on some old Omegas... Step up to the plate, and shout it out!!!)

I looked at the Zone VI board drawings... (I never printed/wrenched on one) But it looks straightforward to modify other make boards or fabricate new boards for, because they are simple flat boards... And the great drawings the other members have provided should make it easy for a shop to knock out a few for you, if you don't do DIY...

Good Luck!!!

Steve K

ic-racer
25-May-2015, 16:18
Does not look like original Durst, DeVere or Omega.