PDA

View Full Version : LED cold light source from Heiland Electronic

Payral
8-May-2015, 07:05
Hello,

I am looking for some feedback from people who use LED cold light source from Heiland Electronic not the Spligrade System.
I am thinking about one to replace my Zone VI Type II VC head which is not very bright and powerfull.
Thanks.

Sal Santamaura
8-May-2015, 08:18
See my posts #5 and #14 in this 2012 thread:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?96198-LEDs-for-enlarger-light-source

hka
9-May-2015, 04:18
As far as I know the Heiland LED source won't work without the SplitGrade Controller.

Michael Wesik
9-May-2015, 07:41
I had my enlargers converted to the Heiland LED source and it's been a fantastic switch. Juergen Heiland was wonderful to work with in custom-converting my 12x16 enlarger that had a 5000w head. The technology is just superior and my printing/exposing is far more efficient now. I would highly recommend the switch if you're considering it.

Sal Santamaura
9-May-2015, 07:47
As far as I know the Heiland LED source won't work without the SplitGrade Controller.Look at the top of page 4 here:

http://heilandelectronic.de/files/documents/Heiland_pricelist_2015_02.pdf

Heiland offers a control unit for its LED light source that works with standard timers and analyzers. The Splitgrade controller no longer appears to be mandatory.

Payral
9-May-2015, 08:07
Thanks Michael. For sure I am considering it. Zone VI VC Head is a very good one and I am using it for years now but REALLY TOO LONG printing time !

Payral
9-May-2015, 08:53
Here is the User Manual for Digital Control Box for LED light source:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0tx36zpzw2mt10n/User%20manual%20for%20digital%20control%20box.pdf?dl=0

Michael Wesik
10-May-2015, 06:58
Thanks Michael. For sure I am considering it. Zone VI VC Head is a very good one and I am using it for years now but REALLY TOO LONG printing time !

Very welcome! There are several advantages to the Heiland LED cold light source beyond faster exposures. Your ability to manipulate exposures by going in between paper grades and to adjust your power on the control box makes fine tuning a print much more efficient. I've found the switch to be worth every penny.

Best,

Michael

hka
10-May-2015, 08:25
Good to know, I was'nt aware of these new control units.

Payral
18-May-2015, 07:19
Thanks you all. I ordered one just waiting to get it now.

mamanton
23-May-2015, 01:14
Hello! I'm using LED from Juergen Heiland for two years! It's a great device! I converted all the heads to it: Durst CLS 1000 (5x7"), De Vere 203 (6x9), De Vere 508H (8x10" horizontal). No heat, no vibrations, you can start the exposure from the red safelight, put a mask to the right position, and start the main exposure just push the pedal! Very well calibrated to the modern papers and films! After some months of using I asked Mr. Heiland to develop a little bit the software, and he did it. Very open person for new ideas and upgrade of his inventions. Highly recommend! Sorry for my English ))

Payral
23-May-2015, 03:52
Thanks for your comments. I am waiting now…

hka
23-May-2015, 08:35
@mamanton: What did you asked Mr. Heiland to change in the software?