PDA

View Full Version : Dahle 552 vs. Dahle 442 rolling trimmer questions

wiggywag
6-May-2015, 10:46
Dahle 552 or Dahle 442, which one is best for my darkroom? They cut the same lenght but is a bit different.

Fr. Mark
13-May-2015, 19:19
Would you consider rotatrim? I've only used one once as a quick demo at the local photo store, but it was nice, precise etc. they are expensive. The photo store people have used theirs 20+ years and only replaced the roller blade once they said.

wiggywag
20-May-2015, 09:18
Would you consider rotatrim? I've only used one once as a quick demo at the local photo store, but it was nice, precise etc. they are expensive. The photo store people have used theirs 20+ years and only replaced the roller blade once they said.

I have a Rotatrim already, they are excellent. But I need a trimmer more and Dahle is more inexpensive and available in my area :-)

Daniel Stone
20-May-2015, 09:43
Just wondering what you think the Dahle would do differently(or better) than your already-owned Rotatrim? I can successfully trim 1/16"(about 1.6mm) off of a print/etc without any issues. Is price the primary factor here?

andy
20-May-2015, 12:00
I use a dahle and a rototrim, and the dahle (it's a 558) is fine, but since it only has a single bar it's flimsy and has a habit of jumping the rail and just leaving a bad cut. The Rotatrim is well worth the extra money, especially if you're looking at the larger ones.

Bruce Barlow
20-May-2015, 13:26
I use a dahle and a rototrim, and the dahle (it's a 558) is fine, but since it only has a single bar it's flimsy and has a habit of jumping the rail and just leaving a bad cut. The Rotatrim is well worth the extra money, especially if you're looking at the larger ones.

+1