PDA

View Full Version : Stand developing in btz tubes?

Gary Tarbert
5-May-2015, 17:25
Hi , Has anyone tried stand developing in btz tubes i can't see any reason why it couldn't be done , chemical usage would be a little higher i know .

Peter De Smidt
5-May-2015, 17:35
Hi Gary, I did a little of this a long time ago, and over the years I've heard of a number of people doing it successfully.

Michael Wesik
6-May-2015, 06:34
I had a lot of uneven development, mostly rotary and surge marks, when trying stand and semi-stand development with my 8x10 and 11x14 tubes. I was never able to hone in on the right agitation method. I ended up switching to Pyrocat Divided for fine contrast control and can execute a N-4 or 5 with great ease. Best of luck!

Henry Yorke
7-May-2015, 19:38
I'm just starting to do it - processing FP4 in Pyrocat HD. I was inspired by the work that Steve Sherman and Sandy King have done and thought I'd try it myself (there's a fair bit of stuff on the Forum from them about semi-stand development). I did some testing through the View Camera Store exposing 8 sheets at 8, 11, 16, 22, 32, 45, 64 & 90 minutes. I agitated for the first 45 seconds and then for 15 seconds at the 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 marks. I just got my curves back this week and will be shooting some tests in the next week or so. Looking forward to it.