PDA

View Full Version : Search camera to start in LF(in Germany)

Yarigin Sergey
10-Feb-1998, 08:30
Hello, Please, can someone answer, how to contact "Calumet" or "ArcaSwiss" from Hamburg , Germany? I would like to start in LF, and consider to find something not too expensive (like "Linhoff"). Or may be You know good secon dhand LF-shop in Hamburg region?

Best Wishes, Sergey.

Ron Hughes
10-Feb-1998, 14:26
I've been told Calumet is located in Chicago which is central time (it's an hour behind NYC time) - Germany is about 6 hours ahead of NYC. Calumet is open from 8am (9am NYC) until 6pm (7pm NYC).

The Calumet number is 708-860-7447. This is their direct dial number so you sho uld be able to use it in Germany (you'll probably need a prefix - from the UK it 's 00-1-number).

I phoned them recently and asked for a catalogue which duly arrived a few days l ater.

I originally found their Website via the Yahoo! search engine.

Lukas Werth
23-Apr-1998, 09:07
Hallo, I am living in Germany, too. Sorry this answr comes so late, I somehow overlooke d the question so far. Probably you bought your camera already. However, I order ed a camera from the US myself (a Zone VI), and I do not regret the choice. The dollar, of course, was much cheaper when i ordered my camera. If you do not have your camera yet, consider a Bender kit (they talk well on thi s page about it), or a Gandolfi Variant from England, or maybe a Wisner. There are two or three dealers in Germany who sell and ship used large format eq uipment. I got my lenses, tripod, lightmeter and film holders from one of them. On the whole, I would say the service for large format in shops where you walk i n is lousy. Everything is too expensive, you get no choice, and sellers generall y have no idea of large format (particularly equipment for outdoors). I just got a used 4x5 enlarger which I also ordered from the US. If you have any questions, please email or phone me. I am Lukas Werth, and my nu mber is: 030-8226028. Lukas