PDA

View Full Version : acros and gamma plus

John Berry ( Roadkill )
18-Jan-2005, 17:41
Has anybody used gamma plus 1:20 for fugi acros, and what did you find for times and agitation. Thanks, John Berry

Gem Singer
19-Jan-2005, 07:06
Hi John,

Since the Massive Development chart, at www.digitaltruth.com, does not show that particular combination of film and developer, I believe that a safe place to start would be to use the time for Kodak T-Max 100. The chart shows Zonal-Pro Gamma Plus, at the 1+20 dilution, 12.5min. at 68F. I have used Gamma-Plus in the past, but not with Acros 100. I found Paterson FX-50 to be an outstanding developer to use with Fuji Acros Quickload film.

By the way, were you able to find "The Film Developing Cookbook", by Anchell and Troop? It also contains a development chart.

Kirk Keyes
19-Jan-2005, 09:35
The Film Developing Cookbook development chart says it is mostly info reprinted from the Massive Development Chart, so you may not find any additinal info there... Perhaps someone could look in it for Eugene?

Gem Singer
19-Jan-2005, 10:04
Kirk,

In one of John's previous posts, he wanted to know where he could find information about present day films and developers. I recommended "The Film Developing Cookbook" to him. That's why I asked him whether he had found the book, yet. Obviously, you weren't aware of that fact.

John Berry ( Roadkill )
19-Jan-2005, 16:22
I saw the cookbook and will get it next payday. It was either film or the book. The book lost this round. As I was told though, the FP-4 in pyro is yankin my chain a little harder. Thanks, John Berry