PDA

View Full Version : New member from Massachusetts.

TPanico
31-Mar-2015, 08:12
Hello everyone, I am making the leap to large format with a Busch Pressman model D and a Wollensak Velostigmat 162mm f/4.5 lens. I do not have the ability to process 4x5 film, so I am planning on doing paper negatives ( I think that's what it's called ).

I would like to build a camera at some point.

Todd

Ken Lee
31-Mar-2015, 09:45
Welcome. There are several forum members from the Commonwealth :)

I live in the western part of the state.

BrianShaw
31-Mar-2015, 09:48
Welcome from former 128 exits 26 and 34.

Old_Dick
31-Mar-2015, 13:08
Welcome from north of the border. Great group of people here. If your find yourself in the Monadnocks.

4x5 Regards

Principal Unix System Engineer, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems(retired)

Randy Moe
31-Mar-2015, 13:18
Welcome!

Carl J
31-Mar-2015, 13:50
Hi Todd,

Outside of Boston, Concord area.

TPanico
31-Mar-2015, 14:41
Thanks for the welcoming! I live in Monson, MA and work in the Chicopee area.

When I got home today, my B&H order was at my door! It's like having free overnight shipping living here. The order contained some photo paper to try out a pinhole camera I made a while ago. I have to fabricate a lens board for the Pressman before I can give that camera a try. It's been almost 30 years since I have done any dark room work, so tonight should bring back memories of school.

jp
31-Mar-2015, 14:46
Welcome. There is a good small crowd of friendly MA shooters here; I've met a few.

I lived in Worcester for two years but don't get to MA very often now.

David Schaller
31-Mar-2015, 17:50
I'm as far west as you can get. But if you are ever out here in the Berkshires, I'd be happy to get together.

Leszek Vogt
31-Mar-2015, 18:08
Welcome to LF, Todd. I'm little further West than David :>).

Les

StoneNYC
31-Mar-2015, 18:21
In CT myself (not NY) welcome to the fold :)

John Kasaian
1-Apr-2015, 08:19
Welcome aboard!
Where in Mass, are you located?
Which subjects intrigue you?

koh303
1-Apr-2015, 12:54
Thanks for the welcoming! I live in Monson, MA and work in the Chicopee area.

When I got home today, my B&H order was at my door! It's like having free overnight shipping living here. The order contained some photo paper to try out a pinhole camera I made a while ago. I have to fabricate a lens board for the Pressman before I can give that camera a try. It's been almost 30 years since I have done any dark room work, so tonight should bring back memories of school.

Welcome!

I was in Monson a few years ago when a noreaster tore through the town...

Should be easy to find or make a spare pressman board.
Good luck!

Randy
2-Apr-2015, 17:37
Hope you enjoy your stay - I think you have a great combination in your camera / lens. I have never had a Busch Pressman, but have had numerous Graflex 4X5's over the years. Never had a Velostigmat 162mm f/4.5 but I have the 8 1/4" version and love it. Looking forward to seeing some of your images.

Winger
3-Apr-2015, 06:18
Welcome from a former MA resident (Waltham, then Franklin)! There are a bunch of LFers up there, The Quabbin is a great place to shoot, too, and isn't far from you.

TPanico
3-Apr-2015, 07:02
I haven't been to the Quabbin in a while. There are some good spots to photograph up there.

Currently I have no way to develop large format film, so I am using the photo negative method. I have plenty to learn there!

My current interest seem to be leading towards still life. The thread Around-the-house (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?80088-Around-the-house) has me looking around for things to shoot.

I took these this morning.

jnanian
3-Apr-2015, 15:08
nice to see you here !
i lived in somerville and around boston for about 15 years
live further south now ..