PDA

View Full Version : Renting 4x5

chopinho65
30-Mar-2015, 00:43
Hi
Possibly a strange question - does anyone know of anywhere that I could potentially rent/hire a 4x5 field camera for a week or two. In Australia.

Keen to try LF, but also conscious of the cost of a set up. I know I could go cheap and cross my fingers on a graflex but would prefer to try this with a field camera that has movements.

I know my timing is awful - it was probably a possibility 10 years ago, but now...

I've done the google search, but nothing being returned - so thought someone in the community may have info on an obscure service somewhere.

I'm in Canberra - but willing to travel.

Cheers

Craig

BrianShaw
30-Mar-2015, 06:34
Your timing is, indeed, awful but better late than never. Good luck; I hope you find a rental.

Gary Tarbert
30-Mar-2015, 06:41
Are you coming from the East coast?

Michael Graves
30-Mar-2015, 06:57
Either a Linhof Technika or a Busch Pressman will offer substantial front movements. The Linhof will be a bit pricey, but there a couple of Busch's on the Bay as we type.

fishbulb
30-Mar-2015, 09:53
I would try to contact the people that run the Large Format Australia Blog and ask them: http://largeformatphotography.com.au/

chopinho65
31-Mar-2015, 02:16
Indeed very poor timing!

chopinho65
31-Mar-2015, 02:17
Hi Gary yes i am on the east coast - well Canberra. Any ideas?

chopinho65
31-Mar-2015, 02:20
Either a Linhof Technika or a Busch Pressman will offer substantial front movements. The Linhof will be a bit pricey, but there a couple of Busch's on the Bay as we type.

Hi Michael - really wanted to find a way ofvdoing it without forking out a large sum - it may be that i will simply have to commit

Light Guru
31-Mar-2015, 12:01
Your probably going to have to find a individual willing to rent out their personal gear.

lench
31-Mar-2015, 14:24
Spend a weekend in Sydney or Melbourne and rent one from vanbar. Not ideal but short of borrowing from someone here, its your best option