PDA

View Full Version : Hiring 5x7 or 5x4 NY State

Gary Tarbert
24-Mar-2015, 05:15
Hi , i am traveling to the states in late May early june , As many will be aware i now have no LF Camera , OMG i already regret selling the 5x8 ,But that's another story, I still have three lenses which for the time being i will keep , so i only have to hire a camera , My trip will cover mainly New york state Washington ,through to Boston and Detroit . Can anyone suggest a hire alternative for me while on this trip . Cheers Gary

Tim Meisburger
24-Mar-2015, 05:32
No, but if you come through Bangkok I'll lend you one!:p

Gary Tarbert
24-Mar-2015, 05:46
Thanks Tim , Stopping over in Hong Kong is that close enough?:)

Renato Tonelli
24-Mar-2015, 06:28
Try Fotocare; not sure if they still rent large format gear, but worth a try.

http://www.fotocare.com

Sal Santamaura
24-Mar-2015, 08:32
Try Fotocare; not sure if they still rent large format gear...Yes, see bottom of page 10:

http://smkgd.dqnys.servertrust.com/v/vspfiles/templates/fotocare/images/template/rental_new_price_3.pdf

onnect17
24-Mar-2015, 11:11
Not sure what you have in mind but in that kind of trip a GSW690 comes really handy.

Randy Moe
24-Mar-2015, 11:55
Buy a used camera and sell it when done.

What camera do you want?

Put a WTB in the forum here, you may be surprised. Pick it up here, no shipping to the upside down world!

Detroit has very good deals on anything.

Gary Tarbert
24-Mar-2015, 16:55
Hi Randy , That could be the go because two week rental from what i can see would be about $360 -$400 USD i could buy a neat little 5x4 for that sell it again for what i paid (as long as i buy right) and even if i am back in Aus only the postage of about $75 would be payable.As far as what camera i want i tend to use folding field cameras , I will go on the record and say i now regret selling my 5x8 Chamonix:(

Randy Moe
24-Mar-2015, 17:03
Hi Randy , That could be the go because two week rental from what i can see would be about $360 -$400 USD i could buy a neat little 5x4 for that sell it again for what i paid (as long as i buy right) and even if i am back in Aus only the postage of about $75 would be payable.As far as what camera i want i tend to use folding field cameras , I will go on the record and say i now regret selling my 5x8 Chamonix:(

Yes, you have lenses, the savings can used on beer and steak.

Renato Tonelli
25-Mar-2015, 06:32

I should add that for this type of gear, they (Fotocare and most other rental facilities) will work out a very attractive rental price for a week's rental; you will also be assured that the camera is working properly. In any case, if a suitable purchase can't be negotiated, it's an option.

Gary Tarbert
25-Mar-2015, 06:45
I should add that for this type of gear, they (Fotocare and most other rental facilities) will work out a very attractive rental price for a week's rental; you will also be assured that the camera is working properly. In any case, if a suitable purchase can't be negotiated, it's an option.Thanks Renato,This will be a two week rental , so maybe even better

Tim Meisburger
25-Mar-2015, 22:06
Gary, I would jump on this Nagaoka if I were you! http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?121119-WTB-4-quot-x5-quot-Field-camera